1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Quick Connection for SATA Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 12 Apr 2008.

1. Risky

Risky Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see a review. (subscribing)

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I got a reply today - they're completely out of stock :eeek: it's an extremely popular product but they'll try to sort us out when they get more in.

3. dynamis

dynamis New Member

I've emailed them to see if they have a list of UK stockests so i'll keep an eye out. Its actually quite sad how much i'm looking forward to getting hold of one!! It solves a bunch of problems i have at the moment and means i can take out all the spare cables from my main rig which will be nice - might actually get to put the sides on sometime soon!!

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

5. BUFF

BUFF New Member

Last edited: 14 May 2008
  6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I can confirm the Maplin one is USB only - I asked to look inside the box.

7. EnglishLion

EnglishLion working for the good of mankind...

I must say I was impressed when I first saw this concept - of hot plugging a HDD into a hub, but for the life of me I cannot see a regular reason for doing this myself that would warrant having the funds and the desk space (cupboard space) for one of these. Sure if you're an IT support or a full time PC builder it'll be a life saver but for the home enthusiast I see a lot of these being under used - or am I the only one to think this?

8. Hazardous

Hazardous New Member

I'm liking that SATA Quick Port PRO :hip:

They also sell the Sharkoon 'DriveLink' - which accepts IDE or SATA 2.5", 3.5", and 5.25" drives :clap:
    USB 2.0 only though :(

9. Phil

Phil New Member

These things seem to exist under the brands of Stage and Thermaltake, as well as Sharkoon. No idea who the OEM is, some unheard of company in Taiwan probably, teaming up with the more well known names to take the product into the wider market.

There are loads of variants that exist if you search the web a bit, including one with 4 front USB ports, and a version that has USB, eSATA and Firewire 800 interfaces.

There's also another one floating about branded 'Logitec' (does not apear to be the same company as the well known keyboard / mouse people) which is a quite different design, on the same basis;

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=640

I wouldn't want to import one though, would cost a bit too much.

Given time I'm sure we'll see more of these in the UK.

10. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

Very handy. I am intrigued.