1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice New Rig + Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gunter, 15 Jun 2009.

1. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

What´s up guys?

Well I´m here to show you my rig and ask for some suggestions.

What I bought and the main problems that I´m facing.

My Rig:

Processor: i7 920 D0 (Purchased)
    MB: P6T Deluxe V1 (Purchased)
    Memory: OCZ Intel Extreme Series 3x 2GB OCZ3X1600LV2G (Purchased)
    PSU: Corsair HX 1000
    Graphics: Zotac GTX260 216 (Purchased) (RMA it)
    Keyboard: Razer Tarantula (Purchased)

HD: Seagate 1TB (My friend), nex month I´ll hopelly buy 2 1,5 TB from Seagate.

What I need?

A case: Well I want a Full Tower, with plenty of space (I´m thinking about WC, but I´m without $$ for now), with a removable MB tray, but important right now is space.

Aftermakert Cooler or wait for $$ and Dual Loop it?

Pìctures:

My Rig
    [​IMG]

Watch the video :waah: , something always go wrong, why this would be different? Perhaps I´m the lucky one? Somebody heard something like this? Ever?

For this little memory bench, with everything in auto on BIOS Setup, my temperatures are high because of the motherboard tray (plywood).[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Jun 2009
  2. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

sounds like a broken fan blade, or possibly a foreign object in the cooler. shake the card a little to see if you can hear anything, then get a small flashlight and inspect the fan to see exactly was it's rubbing against or what getting kicked around in there.

IMO mobo trays are useless, and since your planning on WC'ing even more so.

I'm a newb when it comes to watercooling. Does that setup even need a dual loop?

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I might know...
    maybe one of the screws of the fan of the GPU is miss screwed in... just take a screw driver and screw them in more, if you can... you don't need to open the video card... you have easy access form the fan hole.

4. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

Ok guys, thanks for the feedback.

1 About the WC, why go to dual loop, well I will buy another GPU (Sli), or maybe sell it and buy 2 295 or maybe 2 4870x2 about a year from now so the price downgrade are huge, so I´m thinking about the future, so dual loop is okay.

2 About the GPU, I already send it to RMA, because I won´t fix anything in a brand new card, it was the first time I switch on and this happens, no no no that can´t be good, so RMA it.

Well I call the retailer today, and they have a couple of excuses, so they are trying to send me an XFX Black Edition, and I said no, but I will talk to the guys and maybe have some feedback about it.

Somebody have an XFX Black Edition, share with us your benchs, please?

Thanks guys.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

black edition is a great card, my mate has one that i built a system for recently and it actually outperforms my 280 at stock (good job i never leave anything at stock ;)

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

getting 2x 4870x2 or 295 in a years time is a waste. Since directx11 cards will have been out a while then and they will most likely wipe the floor with the directx10 cards.

7. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

:duh::wallbash:Off course, sorry guys, but I forgot that, good that you remind me, I was thinking exactly about DX 11, but yestarday I was so anxious because I had my final presentation (I don´t know if you do that at college/university), so had to powerpoint and explain wall of my research in the field of physical preparation in front of the audience and teachers, but everything went well.:rock::rock::clap:

Adam: You said everything wait for DX 11, and maybe be see what happens in a year now.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2009
  8. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

you can wait for directx 11 if your not building now,

but if you are get something thats cheap or more mid range so when you upgrade to D11 it easier on the wallet, maybe sell on your midrange card and put towards high end D11 one instead.

9. Gunter

Gunter What's a Dremel?

I´ve purchased everything excepts from the case, I changeg with the retailer a Zotac GTX 260 216 for a XFX Black Edition 260 216 and I will wait for DX11 cards to show up and I will buy and 2 ATI or Nvidia cards.