1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Terminator game in the works

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bursar

Bursar New Member

Chances are the new game and film will tie in with the TV series. But if it means we get to see more of Summer Glau, I'm all for it :)

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

tv series? what tv series! Did i miss something. And T2 is still one of the best of the movie triology!

4. Nikumba

Nikumba Member

Yeah I Think its aclled Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles or something like that, when Virgin one launched it was in their promo reel.

Found IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851851/

Kimbie

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Terrible TV show. They should just leave the franchise alone.

6. craigey1

craigey1 Active Member

Has is started already??

7. Bursar

Bursar New Member

I think it's due to start early next year on VirginOne.

8. craigey1

craigey1 Active Member

Thanks. I thought so. Just wondered how Hiren knew it was "terrible".

9. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Must admit to being a big fan (at the time) of Terminator Future shock. One of the first (IIRC) FPS to have Vehicle use as part of the game. Look forward to seeing how this pans out.:D

10. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Caught half of the pilot when it aired on VirginOne. Also all the reviews I've seen of it say it's pretty cack.

11. Bursar

Bursar New Member

I thought the pilot was alright. The guy that plays 'The Terminator' is just 'generic looking hard man' and doesn't seem to fit the role well. But it's certainly worth watching out for when it comes on. If it's pants, just don't bother watching the rest of the series.

12. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

I recommend wearing rubber underwear to ease the strain on the washing machine...

13. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon New Member

Looks like Arnold needs to get back in Olympia shape. Poor governor...

Ha, what are they going to do for the Terminator? Maybe they will just leave the skin off all of them since SkyNET doesn't really need to have phony Terminators...

Wait... so which of the 3 Ts is going to star? The first generation would make sense, but then again time travel is reaaaaally confusing.

14. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Nah, women make the best terminators:D

15. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss New Member

how is the Governator going to film T4? I thought he said no movies while he's in politics?

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Active Member

I thought Arnie said he be available by the time the next film came around. Anyway he might be a little too old to play the part by then so they'd have to find someone else - pleeeaaasse don't let it be Vin Diesel!!!

Oh, and I agree about Future Shock, it was brilliant in its day. If memory serves wasn't this one of the first games to get mouse look working properly (most of you young whippersnappers don't realise what we had to put up with in the olden days!) and let you actually use vehicles?

PS Ghostbusters has the potential to be brilliant - how good would either co-op or multiplayer be!! Just imagine online Ghostbustin!!!! The only problem is if the thread I spotted elsewhere is pans out, the one about Sony holding and keeping the rights - what a tragedy it would be if they kept this for the PS3.

17. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

the terminator games have not really intrigued me yet maybe this one will be different. Ghostbuster game however will hopefully be wicked. i loved the cartoon and movies. i really hope it turns out well. my only fear is that it looks like Ernie Hudson aka Winston Zeddemore doesn't appear to be involved. I hope they get him for the voice-overs as anyone else just wouldn't sound right.

18. completemadness

completemadness New Member

I thought the terminator franchise died with terminator3, While not making it into the list of "worst films ever" it was pretty bad

But now we get another film, AND another game, oh jeez, my hopes for this game are pretty low after the last one ....

19. Major

Major Guest

Nothing wrong with the last film at all.

And I'm up for a game too, if done correctly, it could be one hell of a game. :)

20. Bladestorm

Bladestorm New Member

I think the odds of the game being decent go up a bit with the studio being owned by the group responsible for the whole thing, the team will be more motivated if they directly benefit from putting out a good game and having success, moreso than some team that was just hired and likely paid X amount for putting a game out on time.

Tags: Add Tags