1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V new video ipod coming!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rich_13, 31 Aug 2003.

1. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

2. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

That was a mock up produced by a design company to showwhat a video iPod might look like.

Also a minor point, a 50GB HDD?! They don't exist ;)

Can you imagine how much it will cost;

Essentially you have a normal iPod (£300+), then doubling the HDD (£400+) and adding a large LCD screen (£500+). Of course Mac will add another 20% to the price just to make it a rip off, so say £600.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2003
  3. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

yeah i know it was a mock up (just couldn't b bothered to edit the post lol) n e way it could be done, and ipods are way over priced so apple does make alot of profit on each one sold. if they really wanted to make one they could and it wouldn't have to cost the earth, i'd say it could be done in the region of £400 for the unit but like u said, knowing apple it would cost £800

oh and microsoft are working on something similar so if apple did go ahead with it i guess the competition would keep the price down a little (but i wouldn't hold ur breath) :duh:

4. Nedsbeds

Nedsbeds Badger, Slime, Weasel!!

I think one of the reasons why the ipod is so expensive is because mac use proprietary (surprise surprise!!) hard drives. mp3 players like my zen use ordinary laptop drives which are mass produced and cheaper. I am also pretty sure that this would be "Mac only" for quite a while.
    I really despise mac as a company and really would not care if they went bankrupt after buying out my beloved emagic. so even though it looks really nice there would be no way I would ever consider buying one of their products.

5. penski

penski BodMod

Mac aren't a company...

Apple, however... ;)

n

6. Nedsbeds

pedantic bugger! :D

7. Sid

Sid Banned

He didn't actually say that they were a company.

He just said he though it would be mac only. Which is a reasonable belief. Chances are it'll be for either an i-MAC, an e-MAC, a powerMAC etc. :)

8. Nedsbeds

:worried: I did actually...so neeerrrrrrrrrr......!!!:wallbash:

9. Sid

Sid Banned

lol oops. really need to learn to the read more than the first paragraph :blush: