1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Newbie need advice, plexi case, WIP

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dr.Feelgood, 10 Oct 2004.

1. Dr.Feelgood

Dr.Feelgood What's a Dremel?

Hi guys and gals ;)
    I've been drawing a bit for my upcomming plexi case which I'll build in the next couple of weeks. Please give me your sugestions regarding placement of the parts. I want to build this case as small as possible but still functional for best cooling. I also wonder what thickness should I use, material will be Polycarbonat or Copolyester. I have two harddrives that are wattercooled "sandwich" and still haven't decied where to place those.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There will be only one 120mm fan that blow the air to the case, the other oppenings will be covered with this [​IMG]
    The fans on the BIX III will be blowing out, and there will be one more 120mm intake on the motherboard side.
    BTW. watercooling NB,CPU,GFX,HDD & PSU.

2. [<x>] Kiyusoma

[<x>] Kiyusoma Deus Ex Machina

What is that lovely piece of equipement beneath your cd drive?
    Also i hope that your case will be sitting on some sort of feet for the fans on the BIX III to vent out, also the way you have the rad set up it would seem as though you are using the warm air from the inside to blow over the rad.
    Other then that looks kool. :D

(is this the right forum? Should be in modding?)

3. Dr.Feelgood

Dr.Feelgood What's a Dremel?

Hi, as like all newbies which don't read stickies before posting probably i have posted in wrong forum, i'm sorry if thats the case.
    The controller under the dvd-r is http://www.aerocool.us/peripheral/gatewatch/gatewatch.htm , but black.
    I forgott the feet, they are 4 pcs. rubber feet, cylindrical Dia=30mm L=70mm.
    I'm planning of blowing out thru radiator cos. fans sounds more when sucking thru it, and there will be no warm air in the case cos. everything is watercooled.

4. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

there will still be warm air...
    the pump creates heat, the drives create heat, the mobo creates heat...

5. Megavolt

Megavolt What's a Dremel?

Every thing is water cooled? Are you including the CPU power FETS, Southbridge, and ICH. Their are a lot of little parts on the MB that get hot that are designed to be cooled by the case airflow or airflow off the CPU. Not criticizing your design, just making sure you thought to have some airflow on the CPU side of your case.

6. Chiron

Chiron What's a Dremel?

When I look at your design it can be a lot smaller, even if you hold on to the idea to make a 'cube' shape...