1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Next Blizzard MMO to have more broad appeal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Sep 2009.

1. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

The more players the merrier.

2. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Perhaps more of a shooter type MMO? Something that would lend well to squad based tactics with some of the group firing rocket launchers, some long range sniper types, and then automatic weapon members. Have the ability to use various types of grenades and maybe even the ability to call in airstrikes if above ground. Yet still have an RPG type feel with quests, item drops, and the ability to craft new weapons and armor. Rather than mounts, you would have various vehicles and such. Some level of money management when it comes to buying various ammunition and grenades. Like a lot of multiplayer FPS games, but more MMO rather than map based.

Does an MMO already exist like that? Not really sure as I don't play a whole lot of FPS, but I do like playing the Marksman character in Hellgate London... though I've never played multiplayer and the single player gameplay can be a bit repetitive.

3. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

COD4-5 thats it from me!

4. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

You will have to work for hours at mind-numbing repetitive tasks to earn coin to buy things... Oh wait, I do that already, its called real life =/

5. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

that is really a good point. lol

I was hoping for a diablo or starcraft based mmo, oh well, i wonder what blizzard will have instored then

6. Empathy

Empathy What's a Dremel?

Well, some said that blizzard was excited when they saw Global agenda, an mmofps. Maybe that helped them go after mmofps, since they will have time to fix all the mistakes global agenda will do.

Anyway, i found a great site about blizzard's next gen mmo, it's a wiki and has quite a lot of info even about rumors.

7. woodss

woodss Yes Louis Wu

Did you guys see they went from 7 million to 7 billion $ revenue in 10 years? these guys could release 5 different MMO's and still have cashflow.

I am guessing they will aim for markets they dont already own with wow, but stick to the principles.

8. Empathy

Empathy What's a Dremel?

They said on a financial report that they aim for developing markets like Russia and India and they intent to expand the subscriber base. They probably going for another guinness record :p

Btw, join us in Blizzards new MMO unofficial community site.

Tags: Add Tags