1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NFS: Carbon demo is out

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Oct 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

/me stabs download queues

3. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Does this come with free spyware too?

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

*Cuts cue* WEEEEEEE

5. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Anyone know of any torrent links to the demo? (Am at school now, but I can remotely queue up a torrent from home (bless you uTorrent)). It' d be nice to have this ready when I get home.

Aggies

6. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

ive got the 360 demo and it sucks big time. it has no actual changes that warrant a purchase if you already have most wanted.

7. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Played the 360 Demo.

Main differences:
    - Dark instead of light (MW daytime looks prettier IMHO)
    - Can custo car more
    - Improved Multiplayer (this wasn't in the demo). You can play as the cops now, which is nice.

Gonna see how the demo plays out with my Momo Wheel. It ain't true racing without a racing wheel ;)

I abhor the drifting race type though. I thought I was done with that after Underground :(

Aggies

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

bloody que 27min!
    Im suppose to be out at 10pm, downloading this demo is more important lol

9. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Heh, man this is why I love private torrent trackers. No queues and damn fast speeds! :D

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

I found it a bit bland to be honest - the car detail looks to be improved, but at the expense of detail around the tracks. I guess we'll have to wait til you can roam before it'll be clear whether the detail in the background is as good as MW.

11. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

I'm still in the queue :( does it support widescreen yet or am I going to have to avoid playing it on my laptop again?

12. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

im abit ignorant with the need for speed franchise, can someone please tell me whats so good about these games?! iv played a few of them and they are average at best :S

13. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Demo's pretty good. Controlls are way better than MW, its darker (wee!), all cars doesnt look the same (ok, they do in the demo, since theres just one color per car.. but itll be better in the full game, I hope) and the drifting's back.. I just love the drifting! Not as simple as in nfsu, but.. well.. thats it? Im to tired for this

14. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

xD Me too downloading @ 1200 kb/s I've been waiting for this since teh begining of august! w00t Can't wait! (even tho its only 11mins :p )

15. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

lol join the club... I find them utterly dull and repetative with poor graphics and rearly don't get how people can like them too :p

16. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Ok, the idea of Need For Speed ever since the NFS2 (the first one I played) is that you race but really quickly. The perceived speed is notched up to a little beyond realistic levels. To compensate for this, the tracks are usually wider than your average race track, and there are always some nice big corners you can take at full pelt.

Since NFS Underground though the feel of the cars has perhaps been made even less realistic but I would say definitely more fun. Handling is usually responsive, braking and acceleration are quick. Along with that came the whole addition of customisability of your car's internal and external parts along with unlockables and everyone loves unlockables in a game.

The last four games then have maintained this feel more or less with new features to make things more interesting such as a roam-able city, nitrous, various race types such as drift, sprint, etc. Then came police chases and challenges in Most Wanted which I think was done really well (although totally unrealistic) and was the best NFS yet.

Oh yeah and one other thing before someone mentions it, NFS has always had a good selection of proper cars by real makes. Sometimes you might even believe you feel like you know what it's like to drive a Lamborghini Gallardo and assuage somewhat your hopes of ever doing it for real.

Anyway back to the demo. My first thoughts are:
    I don't like the night-time setting. The daytime was one of the good things about MW.
    The normal racing seems pretty easy as usual.
    The drift mode sucks and I actually liked the drifting in NFSU2 on occasion. Somehow they've made it ridiculously easy to turn the car from left to right and yet at the same time that's made it harder to do a proper drift.
    The canyon racing is pretty tough but it's not bad. Somehow though the constantly switching camera down to the side of your car makes it a lot harder to control.
    And what the hell is that Crew Member stuff about? Why the hell would I want the help of a crew member and have him constantly tell me how well I'm doing?

Oh and how do you change the settings as there were no in game options? I really don't fancy playing it at 640x480 again. :blah:

17. ~Link~

~Link~ What's a Dremel?

I have actually been enjoying the demo quite a bit so far. The canyon racing and circuit mode didn't do anything special for me, but I really like the way the cars drift now. I think it feels much better than the drift mode in Underground 1 & 2.
    So I have been playing the drift track over and over for about 1.5 hours now. I find it much easier to use the manual transmission for chaining large drifts together without smashing into the wall.
    Current record:~402,000 points over 2 laps on the demo track. :rock:

I must agree, the crew member feature sucks big time. Can you turn it off?

Dex: at the main menu, press 1 for Options, then press the down key on your keyboard to scroll through the available system options.

18. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

But who can forget the amazing career mode in Porsche Unleashed, where you got to be a Porsche test driver? That was possibly the most fun single part of any need for speed game I have played, I must say. I am currently downloading the demo, hope they have made the physics a bit more realistic. (In MW, the driving is quite retarded. I found that alot of the times at slow speed I couldn't drive under 20mp without the car skidding.) I also hope they improved the sound a bit.

19. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

Alas that score sucks my brother in law has been getting in the 700,000 range for the last week or so but he has been playing it non stop for like 2 weeks (how long its been on xbox live) much to the annoyance of me.

I would like to say THPS Project 8 DEMO came out not to long ago for 360 which i gotta say plays well and looks great.

20. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I'm really exited about Carbon 'cause its much more like Underground.
    Tbh I hated most wanted, daylight all the way and the custimisation options
    on the cars was pretty poor judjing from how many parts Underground 2 had.
    And in MW ther where no drift races and drag sucked.
    But thank god all of that is supposed to be back and better :clap:
    /one hour left of downloading :lol:

Tags: Add Tags