1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows NFS Shift 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sonicgroove, 31 Mar 2011.

1. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I can verify steam isn't patched. EADM was hearsay.

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

reading NGR it looks as if the steam and EADM are partial patches, the only thing not patched is the EXE,

3. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

I played it a good bit after the patch... Noooooo I swear my LP640 handles like bricks now. Back to messing with the settings. :( I had this thing set-up perfectly pre-patch.

4. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Still like driving on ice here. :(

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hmm i need to find a way of making this game harder.

6. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Play with AI on medium and a 360 pad.

I might just resort to switching the AI to hard in the hope they stop driving like Essex boys girls.

7. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I wish we could get GTR2 handling, with NFS graphics.

Then all i would need would be the full BTCC season & liverys and i would be in heaven.

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I'm guessing you're using the G25 then? I've been looking for a new racing game as an excuse to dust off my G25 and have thinking about getting this game, but it seems far too many people are having issues with the handling than is healthy for a racing game. They really should have got that right from day one.

I think I'll probably just wait for Dirt 3 TBH.

9. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

They do that, don't they?!

I cannot count the amount of times I have made a skilful, tricky, daring overtake, and just managed to shift down and balance out for the next corner, when I get a car up the arse that's sticking to the race line REGARDLESS OF SITUATIONS IN OCCURRENCE.

Getting a few more crashes than I am comfortable with, too. Might just be my machine, though.

10. patrickk84

I will say that the game has been VERY stable for me. It hasn't crashed once.

And I can second the fact that they hold to the Race Line at all costs sometimes... w/o regard for you. ha! Other times they move out of the way though...

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i just had a brutal race on suzuka west in the night only winning by a nose off the final corner.

seriously does no one want a race? my autolog is looking rather empty :(

12. patrickk84

My internet is insufficient. Sorry. But my name is patrickk84. Feel free to add me.

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

If you hit restart a lot of times on a race you'll notice that they give each AI car a personality. I think it's randomly assigned at the race load.

Sometimes you'll start just behind a really agressive AI and you get to watch them pummel the other cars, and you if you get too close. Some of them actively sideswipe. Lots of them nudge from the rear, *******s.

14. patrickk84

I have been nudged my fair share of times... I wonder how often people walking by my office hear me swearing at my tv.

15. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I think im 'bdigital101' if anyone wants to add me.

Cant say ive played it much, but it would be nice to have some other times on autolog......even if i am at the bottom!!!

16. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It hadn't updated on Steam, that's it just patching now.

Joy.

750 Mb

*sadface*

e:

Update: everything's fixed for 360 pad. I think 50% on both steering sensitivity and speed sensitivity are decent settings. Using 75 / 50 ATM, but trying 50/50 next.

BTW Speed sensitivity is a bit like mouse acceleration. The faster you move the stick the quicker it responds... or something. I thought it was linked to car speed. :s

Anyway the latency fix has made it usable now. Throttle and brake responses have changed as well, not sure what idea settings are yet.

Last edited: 5 May 2011
  17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

HOLY ****ING **** WILL YOU LISTEN TO THAT ENGINE!

hats off to SMS's audio team :rock:

18. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

OK, totally in love with the game now, got my controls just about right and just had an awesome lap at Spa in my old E-Class Mercedes :)

I'm sure the patch I manually applied has improved the controls on my EADM version, my current settings are thus:

Deadzones - all "0"
    Sensitivities - all "50"
    Speed sensitivities - all "100"

Favourite car is by far this old Merc, it handles beautifully and feels just like mine used to!

Maybe it's time to move the difficulty up a notch... :)

19. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

So I am about 40% of the way into the career, and by god hasn't it been frustrating.

Also in other news the vspec gtr skyline with the works kit just about out accelerates everything off the line with a good start, be warned it will rear end stuff and you do need the reactions of a flea to correct it. God I love that car.

20. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Patch has knocked 40 seconds off my green hell time, and it's now honestly more fun than frustration.

I find that all the cars can be tuned to handle brilliantly. The problem I've been having is they seem to reset to some fantasy values sometimes. I'll go into tuning and everything has been set to minimum.

I've got the GT2 I've been playing to sit right into corners now, with just a smidgen of drift. I can't stop it bottoming out at 200mph though. :(

Problem with the career are all the loaner cars with ridiculous default setups.