1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Ninite "Software Installer"

Discussion in 'Software' started by towelie, 30 Dec 2011.

1. towelie

towelie How do I Internet!!

Guys You may have heard of this site before been using it awhile and is very usefull so i thought i'd share.

www.ninite.com

A very useful site which acts as an installer for common applications, but the trick it has up it’s sleeve is that it is well maintained so you will usually get the latest version of the product and it also runs silently and can do multiple application at a time it also rusn on the main Linux distro’s .A must for First line support jobs (hell any IT support job)

Take a look and share.:thumb:

2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Wow - so Windows finally got something similar to Synaptic? Or any of the other Linux package managers? This is why I don't understand that it will run on most Linux distros - those most popular distros already have package managers which will do all of that and more. Long Live the Tux!

3. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Used it for months, yes great batch installer

4. Kaze3

Kaze3 What's a Dremel?

The only thing to be aware of with Ninite is that it installs to the default location only i.e. Program Files. I install Steam onto my second HDD as my SSD is way too small to hold all the games I want to install, so I have to install that separately.

It's still an excellent piece of software and saves a ton of time and effort when doing fresh installs.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

absolutly brilliant software, we use it at work in scripts all the time, and their software support is great, did you know on the pro version you can add custom installers? ;)

6. murraynt

murraynt Modder

I use it as well. It's great.

If only it could install add ons for chrome while it was at it :p

7. Kaze3

Kaze3 What's a Dremel?

If you have a Gmail account you can sign into Chrome and set it up to synchronize your extensions (and bookmarks, passwords, themes etc.). If you re-install you just need to sign-in again and all your extensions will be installed automatically.

8. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Ohh wow, I didn't know about that :D

Nice thing to know, thanks :)

9. Kaze3

Kaze3 What's a Dremel?

Yh, it's pretty handy. The only thing is that any settings changes in your extensions are not saved so you'll have to set them up again, and it only wokrs if you've installed the extensions via the Chrome store - any manually installed extensions will have to be downloaded again.