1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo and Sony sued over controller patent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Jan 2008.

1. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

For whoever was thinking about the Microsoft controllers, I believe MS invented their own wireless connection technology, and this company is more targeting bluetooth.

Or just targeting anyone with money. Patents like this piss me off. :sigh:

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

LOL

Well congrats to Copper "Innovations" for getting their name out there. They won their 15 seconds of internet tech fame now if they'd please just crawl back into their corner and die along with SCO.

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Hmmm, I want to patent stupid vague patents aimed at extorting money out of large companies, oh wait thats too specific.

I wish all these clearly stupid patents should be thrown out.

4. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

If they are really claiming that they own all rights to that broad of a technology ("covers a method for connecting devices to a system and sorting their inputs by means of hardware identification numbers tied to each transmission")

then why are they not also suing. Every maker of blue tooth keyboards. mice, headsets, speakers, cell phones, and even maybe wifi makers and all network based communication that uses packets including RAID.

If you really read this it is saying that it applies to anything that meets all of the following:
    1) Any "device" that "connects" to a "system"
    2) Any system that "sorts" inputs by using a "hardware identification numbers"
    3) And any system that also uses said "numbers" in each transmission

Legally problems in this include the following:
    1) "Numbers": Purl not singular thus "1232490" is ok and using "139 2392" is not
    2) "Connecting": The method is used for the "connecting" of devices; not for "connected" devices. If they devices are already "connected" they the patent does not apply.
    3) "Numbers": Numbers are (1,2,3,4,5...) numbers are not (4ds324) The second may contain "numbers" but it is not a number in of itself.
    3) "System": What is a system? How do we know that a device is connected to a "system" if we do not know what a "system" is.
    4) "Sorting": Clearly says that they organize the data based on what sent it. (does not every form of computer communication use this "system".
    5) "Hardware": We do not use a "hardware" ID we use "object" ID. What is hardware?

Tags: Add Tags