1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo apologises for Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 May 2008.

1. kempez

kempez modding again!

I remember when I was very fit and did a LOT of excercise (I believe I had a few % less than 10% body fat). When I went to a doctor for a check up he stood there and said my BMI was well overweight (I'm 6'ish and weighed 14 stone). I looked back at him and asked him if he was kidding! I had a 6 pack for christ sake!! (man those were the days :D)

Anyway: idiot should think before they moan, Wii fit is ONLY A GAME - at least, it's a game according to Nintendo

2. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

well if you buy this game for fitness purposes then thats where you really went wrong. Its a game after all for entertainment purposes.

I really didnt think people could be fooled enough to buy into such a gimmick of an item...i guess i was wrong =/

3. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan New Member

Although I'm 25, my Wii age is 65 on Wii sports, so I don't understand why everyone is outraged at this BMI being slightly out or incorrect?

Almost all Mario games tend to ignore the laws of physics too, so why not complain about that? Oh yeah, that's right, IT'S A COMPUTER GAME.

4. leviathan18

leviathan18 New Member

at least nintendo is trying to make you fit or interested in fitness

5. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Even bodybuilders can be overweight even if not obese. Insurance companies have large statistical charts on BMIs for different body types. People whose weight differs from the average tend to have a higher risk of accidents or even death. Obesity and being very underweight increase the risk tremendously. Bodybuilding and being slightly underweight only slightly. For the insurance companies the BMI is then a good tool on calculating probabilities if you don't blindly believe in the example values.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It's getting fat people moving. The end result is a good thing, even if the details are sketchy.

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

I think nintendo was being quite genuine. Consoles = fat kids, and they knew it.... Anyone ever meet a real dedicated gamer kid that wasnt? (rhetorical question...)

Give those kids a brownie already, I think there blood sugar is getting low... ;)

Tags: Add Tags