1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo chasing after 'Lets Play' YouTube ad revenue

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 May 2013.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

If they registered with YouTube, yes. YouTube will start scanning (their computers) all videos, and flag those who are targeted. It's all automated, and prone to error, and even take the wrong decisions, like pull the video.

2. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Member

Wait I got an idea express and other brands should register to protect what people do while inside of their style! Then we can ensure that the correct people own the rights to all videos containing any humans in them.

Also can my mother register control over videos of me given that she created me and thus owns all rights to my actions!?

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yes and yes, I am sure.

4. erratum1

erratum1 New Member

Some of the big youtubers make a decent living always thought it was strange you can make a living from sitting on your ass playing games.

I remember gunns4hire saying that he didn't need anymore subscribers as he was making plenty and employed his wife as an assistant !

Someone like Lindsey sterling deserves her money, she composes the music, makes the video on location all of that cost money !......but playing games ! :eyebrow:

5. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Member

Why is it strange? They are entertainers like anybody else. They don't get paid to play games, they get paid to entertain an audience. They are just using a targeted means to reach a lot of people.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

totalbiscuit has it spot on actually.

LP`s can sit there and play the entire game, and with some games , the voice acting and scripted parts make the bulk of the game. so why wouldn`t ANY company defend its IP and want the user to purchase the game instead of watching someone doing it for them. I used to watch LP channels but stopped when the cult of personaility overtook the game being shown.

the part i do disagree with is going after journo`s who have done an online review of the game using in game footage , what you`ll find is either journo`s review with footage (or phone cam) or stop revieing that companies products.

7. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

So this is what they do instead Of coming up with new games and not more rehashes?

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

heya it works for RAMBUS so why not :p

Tags: Add Tags