1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS Lite

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by K, 26 Jan 2006.

1. K

K 528491

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

3. K

K 528491

March 2nd and pretty much the same price as the current version. Lik-Sang, don't fail me now :D

4. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Awesome! Very sexy.

Ice

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

just in time for my birthday!!!!....nned to get mariokart and naruto/bleach games

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

These things can obviously play all standard DS games etc? What else can DS' play? Just DS or Gameboy?

7. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Yeah just DS or GBA games.

Ice

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

GB original? I still have zelda somewhere.

9. K

K 528491

Unfortunately not matey. It only plays GBA games in that slot. It lacks the extra processor to do so (unless they add it to this one, which is unlikely). Althoughhhhh... You can get NES and SNES emulators for it, perhaps there's a GB one floating around somewhere? Not a great answer really, lol.

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've been really tempted by a DS of late, stuff like the revised Advance Wars is calling to me... but the current DS looks horrible, especially when I'm so used to beautiful things like my PSP and iPod. This one on the other hand seems rather sexy to behold, assuming it will actually look like the shots on Joystiq.

Any clues on price? No doubt more than the current DS?

11. K

K 528491

About £82 using a direct Yen to Quid conversion! Nice.

Other awesome games to consider: Electroplankton, Daigassosoiwhatever Band Brothers, Under The Knife (fantastic surgeon sim, great reviews everywhere), Mario Kart (online, of course), Animal Crossing (more online fun) and that crazy lawyer game that's causing a stir right now.

12. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Looks nice. I was hoping for something a bit smaller tbh. If it was a choice between the two then it's an easy choice, but not a big enough reason to upgrade.

DS - 170mm x 74mm x 23mm, 275g
    DSlite - 133mm x 73.9mm x 21.5mm, 218g

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hmm ok then. I was tempted by Mario Kart, but it's one of those things I dont know when or if I'll use it. Sure, it looks cool and some of the games tempt me but I cant see myself sitting down playing it again.

They bring out any decent Zelda games for the DS? /goes off and looks, trying to avoid IGN and Gamespot.

edit: Craaziieee!! Biohazard in Jap for DS! Is the DS multi-region free? I cant see anywhere that says otherwise, the only problem being 110 vs 220v

:eeek: Rainbow Island!! Im sold. /waits til March

14. K

K 528491

There is a completely original Zelda game due out for the DS sometime this year. No details have been released yet though.

15. K

K 528491

Yes it is, completely. The only problem you'll encounter is the plug... But you can pick up a UK version pretty much anywhere for a few quid. Official or not. Same as the GBA SP charger.

16. riggs

riggs ^_^

Ooh, nice! Hopefully the've tweaked the d-pad/buttons as they feel a bit carp on the original DS (especially the d-pad...doesn't feel like a 'proper' Nintendo d-pad - feels almost 3rd party).

17. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Yeah the whole thing could do with being a bit more ergonomic. I can't play mario kart for more than about 30 mins without my left thumb feeling like it's been broken. It's not too bad with games where you dont need a finger on the L shoulder button all the time.

18. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

WOW I knew this would happen ! :)
    Cant wait for it,
    Does it still play gba games?????

19. K

K 528491

Yuh huh. They would never get rid of GBA support on the DS because some DS games utilise the GBA port for extras and such. Like rumble paks and extra songs for Band Brothers.

20. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

Sadly the DS lite isnt coming out in march for america/europe, its only going to be in japan in march, they havnt said when they are going to launch it for other countries but i suppose it would be a month or so after that. Oh and bindi, mario kart ds is about 10x better than the snes and 64 version, i couldnt believe how fun it was when i played it. The ds is turning out to be one hell of a handheld with a bunch of great games, cant wait for the lite so i can buy one.

Tags: