1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo employee fired for blogging

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Sep 2007.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

She should take them to an employment tribunal.

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

And quite possibly loose, you will find most work contracts contain a section regarding not being allowed to publish defamatory remarks or information that would show the company in a bad light.
    However, the company would have to prove a connection between themselves and the blog.
    There was a recent case of a flight attendant blogger being fired, she didn't mention the company, but did post a photo of herself in the company uniform :duh:

3. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

I believe your right. Seems like true freedom of speech is reserved for the unemployed:D Can't be seen to be biting the hand that feeds you. It's a shame really, I always think a little fear of your employees opinions is a healthy thing, but in this day and age where loose lips sink ships, it's understandable why the company takes the stance it does.

4. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

I think if your boss found out you posted things like that about them that you wouldn't really want to work for them any more as they wouldn't trust you at all.

5. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

For me Freedom of Speech is to be able to express your thoughts, and been able to put your point across.
    But, that does not give you the right to talk about work / staff / bosses or other people etc…

Why, because you don’t have permission to talk about other people – especially in a place where others can read it.
    If it was a personal diary, where it’s not available for others to read, then yes.

You should always be careful about what you write (type).

So next time you decide to write (Type) about work / staff / bosses or other people, then make sure you have permission first.

I have not read her blog, but I did start, then realised that I actually have better things to do with my time.
    Also, I don’t really know her, so how do I know this blog is actually even her own thoughts or writing!

I just don’t know, something smells fishy, and it’s not me - HAHA

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Yeah, but a female stoner who is employed at Nintendo is obviously hot, lol. :p

Tags: Add Tags