1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo: No plans to retrofit MotionPlus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

Shame they aren't going to make this work with wii sports, a few chums and I were playing till silly AM last night on bowling, boxing and golf, they could all have done with slightly more precise movement, and sometimes just registering all the movements.

I have had my wii for nearly a year, and we still only have wii sports which comes with it. I had to actually plug in the cables and sensor bar because it was removed when we got a new TV, 4 months ago. The wii has not gone down well in my house :p

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Nintendo dont make money on games, so they need to get it from hardware.

They are clever by increasing the cost of a joypad by selling it in 3 bits at high prices. :)

4. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

typical nintendo to withhold tech they could have either told people about sooner or put in at launch.

unless it's required for a game i desperately want to play, i probably won't bother.

5. cebla

cebla New Member

To be honest this was anounced quite a long time ago so its not like they just suddenly released it and surprised everyone.

@mikeuk2004: I think you will find that Nintendo makes alot of money from their first party games. They do also make money from hardware, but its not like the games don't make anything much.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Considering their very large install base, the number of games they actually sell is very low. People are buying hardware but not so many games.

More a reason why 3rd parties dont see the Wii as a money maker, they sell more of their games on 360, ps3 and pc than wii. When you got Wii sport and mario there aint much else the mass want.

Tags: Add Tags