1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Nintendo Revolution controller

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cheap Mod Wannabe, 16 Sep 2005.

1. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 16 Sep 2005
  2. Rd52

Rd52 Minimodder

i think i could work perfectly for some games for example FPS (it would be better than a mouse aslong as its not too sensible), racing games lean with the car, the only type of game i see it weird with is fighting games like super samsh brothers. also nintendo should improve the ergonomics of it it looks too square but i cant say for sure till i hold it. overall i think it could be great as long as developers use it properly

3. Cheap Mod Wannabe

4. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I dunno about it, i'm a total nintendo hater (even though i own a gamecube) and i really dont know about it. It seems kinda cool, i can see how it would be used slashing a sword but jumping in a mario game. The thing i REALLY like is the handheld nub with the shoulder buttons, that thing looked pretty cool, they should lengthen the cord though. It wouldnt feel right swinging something around and having to keep BOTH hands up (imagin swining the thing and it rips the nub connection right out of the remote).

I have to say..this is pretty revolutionary, looks gimicky but not at the same time. I never thought nintendo was revolutionary till now...so i dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Just gotta imagine the possibilities i guess ^_^. I'de still prefer a controller though.

Edit: Now that i think about it, this probly means all the next gen systems will probly have there own games. I dont think developers would take the hastle of reworking the control schemes AND changing the code for multiprocessing from ps3 arcitecture to xbox 360. The revolution wont have any games that the xbox 360 or ps3 have obviously. I imagine 3rd party developers to be out of the loop for nintendo...

Edit 2: I thought of something else, what about the people who dont sit infront of there television? I alwase have to sit to the sides of my tv because thats where the sofa or my computer chair is. I imagine not everyone has a chair or sofa right infront of there tv..I'de hope the signal is detected at angles well.

Edit 3: Upon reading up on the controller, it looks like it can fit into specially designed gaming shells. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems what is going around right now. Also, for the 3rd party developers who wouldnt want to design for this remote, the gamecube controller can be plugged into the top of the system.

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

WTF!!!
    [​IMG]

6. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

Its different, and for most different means bad. I go back to the original atari joystick all black rubber, chunky and square with a single red button in the top right and it was quite a change to move from them and kempston joysticks to a joypad.

Like most, you cant really comment until you've tried it. But I will anyway, when playing fps and its getting frantic, having the joypad in both hands gives some balance and control. Im not sure how its going to feel with this new controller especially over long periods.

7. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

there appears to be a distict lack of buttons, i may it 2 as you have the button underneath and then "A". Given that the whole thing is used singlehandedly it will be pretty darn hard to push "A" while using the D-pad... I can see this limitation leading so some faily simple games!

Also, when I play consoles I like the feel of something solid in my hands, I was a big fan of the original xbox controller, and from looking at this it's just going to feel light and cheap!

8. DivineSin

The whole point there is a distinct lack of buttons is 1) You can turn it sideways and use it as a NES controller and 2) Read Following.

Main Controller Features

* 3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.
    * Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.
    * Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.
    * Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.
    * Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.
    * Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.

In a nutshell..that means, wherever you move your hand, your gun/sword/fishing rod or whatever would move in game.

Btw, dont you think the controller looks kinda...usefull for something else? :D

[​IMG]

9. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

lol, there's always one ;)

10. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

11. X_VADER_X

X_VADER_X What's a Dremel?

We will miss you nintendo... T-T
    The remote with attachment has made me saddened... This is not a revolution...
    Guess I will just buy a gamecube when it turns into a PS1 price...
    I really am not a nintendo fan but they do make good games... and this controller or remote... is a hunk of junk to me... I like using both hands... at 4 buttons at once not 2...

BTW REALLY funny pic

Last edited: 17 Sep 2005
  12. n00b

n00b What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Nintendo will release a standard controller shell so that you have both the 3d mouse capabilities of the remote pointer and the conventional controller feel of the shell. This is ideal for most button-mashers or fighters or whatever (using hand movements in fighting games is impossible.. what about kicks and non-hand gestured actions?) I just wished Nintendo would make wired controllers too, since wired controllers have faster response times, are lighter, don't have frequencies that can be tampered with, and don't require batteries.

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

well looking at that pic (apart from the new controller plugged into the shell) it's the same as a gc controller, and the revolution has ports on it for gamecube controllers so...

14. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

If Nintendo pull there finger out and do a worldwide release I would buy a revo but I severely doubt Nintendo is that clever and make Europe wait a good 12 months...

15. DivineSin

This isnt the exact shell that nintendo is going to introduce. Its simply a mockup IGN did of what they think it would look like.

16. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Erm...Do you remember gaming before the NES and the Game Boy?

Personally I think it looks pretty cool---I really dislike the PS/Xbox controllers---too many buttons, and too close together.

Bring back the days of a nice simple controller, SNES style ;)

Sam

17. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Well problem with olds schol simple NES controoler is that most (well probabl every) game was 2D thus there was no necessity for many buttons. But now with 3d environments not only you have one more axis but also many more actions and interactions going on. ALthough I agree, they could take out at least 2 buttons.

18. DivineSin

Considering i was born in 86 and grew up playing an NES in my grandma's house, nope. Technically though the original ps2 controller is the SNES style with two buttons and analog sticks added on. Your not forced to use the analog sticks xP.

I much prefer a controller to the nintendo remote though. The thought of waving that thing around for more than 20 minutes makes my arms cringe and i actually lift weights.

19. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

I reckon that this will turn out to be the next generation of consoles Eye-toy
    If done well this could rock

20. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Definetly FredsFriend... Imagine playing 2st person shooter with a gunlike handle with revolution controller attached to it for aiming. This is just simple port to rev that could be so exciting, however imagine what could be created just for rev.

Tags: