1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo sales drop 40 percent

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jul 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Yeah... blame it on the devil's phone...

3. lewchenko

lewchenko Member

About time that Nintendo took a kicking.. they are too reliant on making their older technology last forever (in all their consoles) which is really poor value for the end consumer. About time they had some decent competition. Lets face it ... the technology in the iPhone is many generations ahead of the DS or DSi, and deserves to do well as a result.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Maybe they should blame it on their complete lack of games that are actually worth buying, let alone playing.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

The market is saturated and there is an economic crisis happening... what else is new?

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The iPod Touch/iPhone is so far ahead I'm surprised Nintendo actually see it. :eyebrow:

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

The iPhone/Touch and the DSi are targeted toward different markets, but there is some small overlap.. I think everyone is overestimating how much Apple has hurt their sales.

I think they don't want to blame their own shortcomings, and would rather blame some other company.

8. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

Totaly agree!!!! if they wanted a (war) then why didnt they build a better DS instead of just upgrading it to a DSi, but with that said the iphone does a hell of alot more and is still based on the phone market, but as you can play some pretty good games on it now days and have so many app's for it then would it not seem the better choice???? if nintendo made something like the iphone but it not be a fone but you could put hundreds of app's on it then there would be a reverlation! and you could see a war goin on!

9. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Sounds like Nintendo is comparing Apples to oraNges. Sure there are phones out there that can run games, but they are not really a substitute for a handheld. Handheld = Gaming + plus some other capabilities... Smart phone = Communication device + plus some other capabilities (minimal gaming included).

I think a terrible global economy is the reason for Nintendo's drop in profits, not crApple or any other smart phone manufacturer.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

LordPyrinc: I take it you never played any games on an iPod Touch/iPhone? There is a reason why Apple are marketing these two as gaming devices. :p

But I think you and everyone else is right by saying the global crisis is [partially] to blame for this. If I have less money and have to decide whether to buy food or a games console I'd know what to opt for.

Tags: Add Tags