1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo: Wii sales have "stalled"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Oct 2009.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Surely everyone that wanted a Wii has got one by now.

They have sold 56 Million which is more than double of what they did with the game Cube which only reached 21 million. Mind you they are only 6 million more than the Snes but the Wii has a long way to go yet.

Wonder if this slow down in sales is now the time they will introduce a new model with DVD or somehting.

2. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Idea: Wii Finger, simulation of Mafia strip bar owner. He has to amuse his girls and put the finger in them and on the competition.

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

The ability for it to be more "media centery" may make it slightly more appealing.
    iPlayer for instance works ok in the web browser and they have an "app store", allowing the development of additional apps/functionality might be a winner?
    I'd MUCH rather have a wii under my TV (due to size etc) to stream iPlayer, watch network video's etc. Big shame it doesn't have DVD playback capability too....

4. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

I won't be surprised if sales pick up again when the Wii starts selling in black on 6th November in the UK - it's enough of a difference to sell more units to people who didn't like it in white.

5. rolly74

rolly74 Digital Marionette

The biggest problem is the only person I know who has a Wii doesn't even have it plugged in in his new apartment. He's been there for 3 months. Certainly doesn't make me wanna go out and get one to leave unplugged next to my 360.

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's no wonder the sales have stalled, everyone's already bought one (and most have either sold it on due to lack of games or have it sat unused on a shelf)

7. Xir

Xir Modder

I've been wanting a WII since the start...for "casual" gaming with friends.
    The WII's strongpoint is "gaming together" and yes that's fun!

Yet I've yet to see a WII that comes with more than one controller set.

So I'd like to buy a WII and play with two people and have..oh three games:
    200€ for the WII with one controler set and one game.
    20€ for the motionplus thingy (as it's not included in the bundle
    80€ for the second controller set (remote+nunchuck+motionplus)
    80-100€ for 2 additional games.

That's 400€ for some "casual" gaming. Hmmmm, I wonder why I've been waiting and not buying for over 2 years? ;)

Tags: Add Tags