1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Nk204

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Henry, 29 Mar 2002.

1. Puk

Puk (A shrewd and knavish sprite)

Ah man i'm hung over but thanks ace2k, i missed it, i've followed most of this thread so appologies and ZzZaAkK i had that problem, go into the LCD Connection bit and have the contrast at 75% and brightness at 100% i did that and it worked fine, i could only before that get the lcd to display in the screen builder with the little eye button and the test display thing in config. Hope this helps, thanks for the info to alls, ps dont start drinking at 4pm, hungover by 12 if you stop (money ran out) lol :cries: :D

2. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

ok ok (sorry about the size of the pics)

to get this

[​IMG]

you have to do this first

[​IMG]

then this

[​IMG]

then save the file

when winamp is also open. press ctrl+p and click plugins.
    and select
    auto exicute visuilisation plugins on play
    and
    uncheck the box in the option below if you still want to see the visuilisation in winamp.

hope that clears sommet up ???

Later

AW3K

Last edited: 2 May 2002
  3. Puk

rofl!!! hahahah

Nice one AW3K your the man, one who takes the howto a lil bit more in depth, yeh, that clears it up for me at least, cheers mate, haha, :) stay cool

4. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

thanx alot for the pic, im sure it will work, when i get lcdc working !!!

anybody have any ideas why it makes my nk204-v crash ??

5. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

cheers

does it work ?

ZzZaAkK have you got the virtual display open cos that lags alot. Matt whats causing that?

AW3K

Last edited: 2 May 2002
  6. ChenZen

ChenZen Minimodder

the winamp thingy works gr8... i can see it during screen build ... but when i click start display ... the LCD fills with blocks on all characters ... and nothing can be done to it.
    virtual display is always off.

another thing is, Line 2 on LCDC speaks to line 3 on my LCD and vice versa. this has always been the case, never complained, becus i just used write stuff to line 3 if i wanted it on line 2.. and vice versa ..

HELP ME whoever made LCDC.

7. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

i have no idea whats wrong with it then. i think it's time to hand this problem over to Henry @ MO and Matt @ LCDC

sorry i can't help more i widh i could but.....

Later

AW3K

8. Puk

Hey ZzZaAkK i got the same prob about line two and three, just done as you said and reversed the whole time, did you try what i suggested earlier?? i had the prob of it not working when hitting start and figured it must be screwed but went into the config and set the contrast at 75% and brightness to 100% and after that when i hit start bingo it worked.

9. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

Turn Autoline wrap one!!!!

10. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

THings that you seem to be having problems with
    1) Lines 2/3 swapped, create an SYS->OnStart event and set the event to DSP->Process Commands, from the command list select "AutoLIneWrapOn, CursorBlinkingBlockOff"
    2) Check your contrast in the confiuration it should be at about 45-55%
    3) Winamp screen gfx looks laggy would be because the FPS rate is set to low (left at the default of 4, go into the screen builder, select you winamp screen and set the FPS rate to 20
    4) I do have my own forums and website for LCDC so you can ask questions there :)
    5) The Brightness control is for VFD users only and the COntrast control is for LCD users.
    6) There does seem to be some issues with LCDC and XP Pro, I'm running some tests and trying to work out what is wrong!!
    7) In case anyone is intereseted [#$WA2SpeL2120] WA"=Winamp plugin SPE=Spectrum wave L=Left channel 2=Line hight (2 2 lines in this case) 1=Line out of the 2 (or x) lines) and 20=width (overrides the default width in the plugin config)
    8) I am wokring on a whole bunch of events and screens that you will be able to import and export to try and make it easier.

Thanks to AW3K for those pics, do you mind if I copy that, I'm trying to write up as much as I can, but as you see no one ever reads anything! Also the WA2TraBar on line 2 of your display won't work properly, as it uses a different custom character set to the one you have selected :( but you probbaly already noticed that.

11. AW3K

AW3K What's a Dremel?

sure you can use it m8, anything to help other people to understand :)

The WA2TraBar on line 2 does actually work but the lines go up instead of across, no big deal but a fix to this would be nice :)

Later

AW3K

12. Mat-d-Rat

AW3k - Tahnks. Can't fix that bar though as it's trying to use the same custom character definitions that the winamp gfx bars use :( perhaps I can add an alternate version in....

13. aCe2k

aCe2k What's a Dremel?

Thanks Mat-d-Rat
    for fixing the problem i had with line 2 & 3 switching...

Who could have guessed it had something todo with AutoLineWrap.. :)

Anyway, i love my Display...
    It really kick's the lama's @ss :D

14. ViperZ

ViperZ What's a Dremel?

I was testing my NK-204 last night and I noticed a problem (?)when running the Example program included with MO's disk of LCDC. The display would scroll through all the pages for a few cycles, then for some reason it would lock into the Winamp pages and only flip through the 2 pages of Winamp data. Shutting down LCDC seems to be the only way to resolve this so the other pages will scroll through again. Sometimes shutting down LCDC does not correct the situation either......

Is this a configuration error on my part?

I'm using Windows XP Pro.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the operation of LCDC. It's feature set is impressive indeed. One asspect I like is the myrid of ways the information enters the screen as well as the scrolling options that can be presented.

Henry, do the MO VFD's (ie VK204-25-V) functionally operate in the same capacity as the NK-204 using LCDC?

Thanks

15. Mat-d-Rat

Viperz - The example program has got an "EVENT" setup to LOCK to the Winamp Group of screen whn winamp is playing - If you delete this events (and it's counterpart, unlock from group) it will act as you want and still show all the other screens.

16. ViperZ

ViperZ What's a Dremel?

Thanks Mat-D-Rat! I seen that Event setup, but really didn't take the time to discover it's application. I'll look into it tonight.

Cheers!

17. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

I managed to crash lcdc also when trying to get the winamp plugin to work (which I still cant.. :( ) I copied the file over and set it up in winamp settings etc..

anyway after playing a bit, I hit stop display and got:

Access violation at address: 00403567 in module LCDC.EXE address of the read: FFFFFFFF

hrmm
    I managed to pull this off a couple times, doesnt always do it though..

other than that, nice coding etc. best lcd proggie i've used..

edit: i finally figured out the winamp plugin..
    its working now, but i get some garbles characters
    in the eq mode, does it on the virtual display too..

-scoob8000

Last edited: 3 May 2002
  18. Mat-d-Rat

Scoob, yep there is an issue somewhere that I'm trying to trace down. The garbled charachters sounds like you are using the "Default" character set rather than the "Vertical Bars" ones that are needed?

19. scoob8000

scoob8000 Wheres my plasma cutter?

Actually just after i posted that message, i noticed the 'vertical bars' and big fonts settings.. dont know if I did something wrong, but I got nothin but a blank screen with the vertical bars option..

On the upside, now that I got the hang of configuring it im really beginning to like the interface, plus it hasnt crashed yet.. must of been some n00bie mistake on my part :)

and I know its been discussed before, but I cant find the post, anyone know the specs of the gpo's? voltage and how much they can handle?

-scoob8000

20. Puk

You can find the specs of the NK204 at the manual page here at MO.