1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No appropriate work server was available

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Ralphie_Lovebucket, 12 Apr 2010.

1. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

2. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Thank you. Got it.

Is it just me or it's just some weird shortage - my GPU is starved of work now too?! Anyone else having the same problem?

3. littlepuppi

My SMP needed refreshing yesterday......... All running fine this morning though when I checked b4 work...

4. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Seems my gpu is back to normal. Hhhmmm! 2 gpus. Just got another GTS 250 to fold! :D But still no luck on the CPU side. I run everything with the passkey too.

5. Tesla effect

Tesla effect AKA ZombieKiller1

Synay, are you running the 6.29 client? I would've thought that a3 WUs would score better on your CPU at 4GHz than the 5k ppd avg mentioned in the chimp thread?

6. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I don't know why, but I do get more points with A2. And I do run 6.29. And for some reason I can't get neighter A2 nor A3 jobs for last 3 days now. I don't know if there's anything I can do apart from waiting?

7. Tesla effect

If you stop the clients at all for gaming sessions for instance then its likely that a2s could score better. The a3 bonus is determined between when a WU is downloaded & the results uploaded whereas an a2 WU will credit 1900ish (forgot the exact figure ) whenever the results are returned within the preferred deadline.

8. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I'm starting to be seriously annoyed here. How come I'm not getting any WUs? Anyone having the same problem still, or do I have to reinstall my system or something? Could someone please advise me on that issue? Both of my GPU clients are running no problem at all.

9. GingerFox

GingerFox What's a Dremel?

My gpu is fine, but i still carnt get any work to do for my smp client, im not sure whats going on tbh:(

10. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

I have no idea myself. Plus it seems there's no one that can say definite yes to the WUs being unavailible. I just left the client on, it's on nth retry now but still nothing and stanford's website seems completely oblivious tho the issue (no post, nothing to explain or to confirm the shortage or when will it be lifted)... Not nice at all.

11. GingerFox

Mine has been retrying for a few days, restarted the client, my pc, have just reistalled the client and its still not finding any. Although before i did -smp it did find amber cores, so it can definatly get through to the servers:(

12. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Well, at least I know that it's not a problem with my connection. I took away the -smp 4 flag and I got WU straight away, albait simple Gromacs that will only use some of the CPU's potential. I think I will fold this one as it is and then will try to get back to smp folding again.

13. littlepuppi

Mine is doing it constantly now, must be a problem at stanfords end...

14. Tesla effect

I've got my first project 6041. Average frame 18 minutes on a Q6600 will take 31-32 hours to complete. 300MB of ram is being used by the FahCore_a3 process. Estimated credit is 6000 ppd which is what I had guessed it would be.

Synay, are you requesting big work units in your config?

15. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

Yes. Only big ones.

Question. If I already specified during the setup that I want adv work, do I still need to flag -advmethods or not? I mean I'm not getting any work neither way, but was just wondering.

Last edited: 15 Apr 2010
  16. GingerFox

If you specified it during the setup you don't need the flag. btw i did the -advmethods and got some a3 cores through, i hate a3's though:L

17. Synay

Synay What's a Dremel?

My still doesn't work for me, so I decided to give it a go with no smp WUs for another 48 hours and then retry. I just basically run 4 instances of single threaded units. I know. Highly inefficient you'll say but I guess it's more efficient than no work at all :sigh:

18. GingerFox

Well yeah its better than nothing, for some reason a3's only get about 150ppd on my system, which i don't understand, so i may do the same for abit.

19. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

GingerFox - are you using Fahmon or HFM to measure PPD? Fahmon does not measure the bonus points that A3 units give you.

20. GingerFox

I'm using Fahmon, whats the best to use?