1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Cyberpunk 2077 until at least 2017, says CD Projekt

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 28 May 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Well, that's a pity. The Witcher lost it's charm very quickly - buggy as hell - and I just cannot muster the enthusiasm to pick up no.2 again. I only got a few hours into no.2 but it was hella boring.

This, on the other hand, is much more up my street, so it's a shame it is being pushed back.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

With the downgrade, will they rename it to Cyperpunk 2047?

:)

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Fine by me. Not a fan of The Witcher (well, RPGs) but it’s awesome they are giving their fans so much free DLC and focusing on the title.

The original Cyberpunk 2077 trailer was utterly sublime, so really looking forward to seeing what they come up with for that.

5. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Glad I'm not the only one, quite frankly the endless incessant dialogue choices just bore the tits off me.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Great, there is no reason for CDPR to rush it out the door and as much as I enjoy PC games, I don't feel like I desperately can't wait for even the best of them.

Yearly drip-fed sequels are not my thing (looking at EA, Ubi & Activision), I'd rather wait longer for a better game.

Whether you enjoy the Witcher or not, The Wild Hunt is a great achievement and from a Dev who don't treat their own customers with contempt, unlike some of the other big names...

7. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven Minimodder

Which bugs are you speaking of? I certainly haven't encountered any and haven't heard of anythimg major other than a save bug on xbox (and one bug on one platform doesn't really qualify for making it “buggy as hell”).

It's not being pushed back though, it's not like they previously said it would be release earlier.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Darn. I've been itching to see this game since they showed the trailer for it. I loved the concept of the Cyberpunk tabletop RPG, I adore cyberpunk novels, this seemed like the perfect game for me.

I was hoping, post Witcher 3 launch, we might see it sooner. Ah well. I'll wait, I know they're good for it.

9. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

...but directly linked to the work of Mike Pondsmith!

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh, absolutely. Pondsmith is behind the tabletop RPG Cyberpunk!

I suspect he was either directly or heavily involved in selling/licensing the rights to CDPR :p

That said, William Gibson is one of the 'fathers' of cyberpunk fiction. I got hooked on Neuromancer and pretty much read everything he'd written in a cyberpunk theme back to back.

Really, you can't look into the tabletop Cyberpunk without seeing something from Pondsmith, and no doubt you'll be seeing Gibson's name too.

11. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

It's collaborative...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPZxkhLoukI

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Where to begin... Crashing on startup, frequently crashing to desktop, sometimes unable to navigate in-game menus.

Was it the second or third patch before is was playable?

That's buggy as hell

They did start touting the game back in 2013, so it's fair to assume their schedule has slipped. Four years is verging on vapourware territory.

However, in a nod towards your pedantry, they didn't actually say it was going to be released earlier.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Spreadie, sounds like you are unlucky - I've pretty much heard only positive things about the game performance/stability.

I don't think its fair to say that he's being pedantic really, they've always said it'll coming 'when its ready' - so any expectation of release date was created solely by us, a group with little to no understanding of the ins and outs of game development. For a big title, if anything 4 years isn't very much time at all, GTA took 5 years, looks like Star Citizen is going to take 5 years. If its anything like the scale of the Witcher - a huge, handcrafted world - 4 or 5 years seems like a snip.

Finally, its been said that that trailer was actually made to attract development talent to the project as much as it was to announce their intention to make the game.

14. PCBuilderSven

PCBuilderSven Minimodder

You must be unlucky. I started playing five minutes after release and haven't had a single crash, nor have I heard such reports from others.

My point exactly, especially when considering that they've been focussing on the witcher all this time.