1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Doubt sues Activision over Band Hero

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Nov 2009.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I know of Gwen Stefani, never listened to her music, not my kind of music.

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Band Hero is a dumb name. It's what my friend used to refer to any rhythm based music game.

3. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

There is an easier way (and probably cheaper) to amend this. Ok, we will take out all you songs and avatars and put a message saying "No Doubt doesn't want you to play as them so touch luck"
    I am fairly sure they would prefer to stay in and get paid than get kicked out and never be in another music game by Activision.

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Interesting that only the band that are in the limbo of the "american fast food music industry" (the one that produces crap music that you forget about after listening to it a couple of times) have such kind of concern.

There's no doubt that suing someone is the easiest way to make money for such crap bands like this.

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

They reformed a few months ago, last I heard were touring the US and writing a new album along the way.

I get the impression they're taking it quite seriously. They're douchebags for not realising they'd be playing other songs, but I can appreciate why it may have been a bit of a shock to see their likenessess running around singing Hanson.

If you uploaded your photo to Bit-Tech because they wanted to use it on a fan-collage, and you logged on one day to discover it being used to cover up the genitals on a nude picture of Harry, you might be a bit miffed as well.

6. Stormwulf

Stormwulf A mod to far?

As far as i can see this is another Activision Fail.
    Hope they get sued to death.
    Serves them right for not spelling it out correctly to the bands involved and getting a cast iron contract to start with.

Also, anyone who thinks Nirvana/Kurt Cobain and No Doubt are nobodies really doesn't have a very broad interest in music as both were huge in their own right for a not inconsiderable length of time.

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Just what I was thinking, especially that last part. :-D

8. Kai

Kai Princess

I seriously doubt that this will come of ANYTHING......seriously....they think they can sue?...oh dear...and i thought No Doubt had at least one brain cell between them.....

9. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

I think we'd all be miffed that said genitals are covered up, but you just have to deal with it and move on with your life.

Tags: Add Tags