1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No more "Designed by Nvidia" mobos

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Sep 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

To be honest, I didn't even realize nForce boards had a "Designed by nVidia" banner on them. Only seems logical that a board based on an nVidia chipset is designed by nVidia... :eyebrow:
    :rolleyes:

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Does that mean that there won't be a huge number of referance boards when a new chipset comes out?

cough**680i**cough

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think this will be for the best, the latest nvidia chip had very few variations of its design.

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

the only good thing that *might* come over this is when new revision boards are out, we can use the log to differentiate between the revision off retailers/e-tailers... new one doesnt have the logo, old one does.

6. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Probably a good thing, as all the best 680i boards were third-party designs (Asus Striker 4TW!!)

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I don't think its really that logical

nVidia make the chipsets, they have a pinout reference, but how you implement that, and how you make all the rest of the motherboard doenst rely on the chipset
    They only make a reference board so that mfr's can get to market faster, its a lot quicker to use a reference design then have to design your own (and cheaper)

I dont think anything has changed with reference boards, you just wont put a logo on it anymore

I dont know what was special about the 680i, but most of the motherboards since the nf2 have been pretty much all the reference design
    Hell all the NF4 boards have the same problem with the chipset being under the gfx card

8. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'm a bit unclear. The logo or NV actually handing out reference designs will go away?

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

there will still be reference designs, nvidia will just stop marketing them for end users...

so you will have to look at the mainboard layout to see its reference layout and there wont be a sticker to tell you.

Tags: Add Tags