1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Nvidia product announcements at Nvision

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Aug 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Read: Hype generation. That being the case, does anybody need this convention at all? :rolleyes:

3. bowman

bowman Minimodder

'“This is the first industry conference for the visual computing ecosystem. We invited Intel and AMD this year and we want them to be here. I hope they’ll be here next year,” he continued.'

Uh. Maybe lay off the green and call it something like the 'Visual Computing Forum' rather than 'NVISION' then? You're not fooling anyone. 'Hey, we asked our competitors to join us at our convention, named after us, draped in our colors, just in case they might feel like looking like inferior pawns to their shareholders and investors. They declined! Man, was I surprised.'

Oh well, can't say I care in particular about this then. No products, no roadmap, and no technologies that we'll see in use at home or elsewhere within the next year. Yawn. One would think they'd have the decency to at least attempt to rival IDF the week before, turns out we had more disclosure about the 'slideware' Larrabee which is due in 2010 than we had about the damn 55nm shrink of GT200 now!

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

There's actually quite a lot of cool technology being shown off by companies other than Nvidia... Nvidia's just providing a place for them to show off their wares together. :)

5. bowman

bowman Minimodder

Oh. Haven't seen any sites mentioning that. Is it all NDA'd?

Would be nice to see articles if there's anything interesting for the average desktop user.

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

7. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

Beat me to it! WTF where they thinking lol :)

8. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

NVISION is an industry event. Nothing more. Bit-tech covers it as they are expected to, but don't think everything they talk about there has to be about the home user or the enthusiast.

And why can't NVIDIA host their own conference when every other industry giant is doing the same? IDF, Apple Developer Conference, Microsoft Professional Developer Conference, etc etc.

Tags: Add Tags