No response to RMA request

Discussion in 'SCAN Computers - After Sales Support' started by phuzz, 6 Sep 2016.

1. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

So, back on 17th August I ordered a bunch of stuff from Scan, including a new motherboard (66180 ASRock Z170 Extreme4).
    When it arrived, I had to wait a few days for the RAM to arrive separately, but when I set the system up I couldn't get the on-board sound to work. I tried a bunch of different fixes, including booting off a linux USB stick, but couldn't get it to work. I also tried upgrading the BIOS but still no joy.
    So I opened an RMA request (Query 1655422 - {1A3417C0-7700-4B9E-9CAE-8E11887E0904}) and got the following response:

I replied saying that I had indeed tried a newer BIOS release, but I've not heard anything back since that day (30th August), despite a couple of emails.

Would someone please reply to my RMA request (even if it's to say "no").

2. modd1uk

modd1uk Well-Known Member

You're entitled to reject it under whatever the DSR/Sales of goods act is nowadays if they refuse to swap it out.

3. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

They've not rejected it (yet), they've just stopped communicating.

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

They did get back to me, aparently they've got a bit of a backlog of RMAs at the moment.
    Now I just have to work out what I'm going to do for the 5-7 days I'll be without a motherboard :(