1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Title Cuz I Suck At Titles Mod

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by jasonmason, 9 Jun 2005.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

Ok, well I know I said i'd upload in a few minutes, but I went to fix my dogs dog house.. so, anyway, here is the pics of the case with nothing currently done to it except stuff from the failed mod.

I have a front panel that goes here that will get some bondo work and it will be secured so the panel can no longer be removed.
    [​IMG]

A shot of the inside, as you maybe can see, I don't have too much room to work with.
    [​IMG]

A shot of the back, yes the paint sucks :p
    [​IMG]

The fan hole on the right side and screw holes that I made before I realized the original placement of the fan wouldn't work, planning on fixing the holes, probably with spot putty.
    [​IMG]

Holes that will probably be puttied or bondo'ed over.
    [​IMG]

Overall top shot, you can really maybe see the suckiness of the paint (sitting in my closet didn't help)
    [​IMG]

I/O Panel, If I cannot find the bracket that holes the cards in expect something fabricated to hold them, maybe..
    [​IMG]

80mm blowhole, probably gonna cut the grill out.
    [​IMG]

Front Panel
    [​IMG]

Front Panel Back
    [​IMG]

Side Panel
    [​IMG]

Back of side panel for no apparent reason
    [​IMG]

Bottom, maybe some lighted feet
    [​IMG]

Again, If I can't find brackets for drives, custom mount.
    [​IMG]

I donno, I may put something Here
    [​IMG]

Ok, I am planning on relocating the harddrive(s) because the current location is nothing short of a pain in my ass. and since the the hdd cage is already removable it will make my life that much easier *phew* probably gonna cut it up, paint it and mount it up top, might do custom cable rounding. I may not be able to hide cables that well in this case and may just resort to sleeving. If I can manage to hide them it will probably have to be in a custom fab box. I plan on getting started tomorrow and digging into my uncles plethora of crap he has. I may see if he has some phoneline type metal sleeving or something similar to sleeve wires with. I'm really going to work as hard as possible on this mod and hope you'll enjoy it. Now that I have the summer off from school I can focus my full attention on it.

Ok, i'm trying to do whatever possible tonight, drew teh outline for teh custom lighted feet and made an LED thingy, gonna be the pwr on light. Hdd activity light will be red and im leaning towards black again for the case.

[​IMG]

Smallish update:

It was raining today so I didn't get to do too much, but I started on the case feet.

[​IMG]

And came out with a nice looking foot that will be superglued/gooped on to the bottom. I am planning on making a false floor to hide all wiring humanly possbile and the rest will be sleeved.

[​IMG]

The LED you saw in the last update will be used for the Pwr On Light, I've got to order some more LED's because the ones I have arent bright enough, but im planning on using a red one for the HDD activity light and blue or red for the LED case feet.

Suggestions and comments welcome as always, thanks.

2. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

Well, I didn't get much done today either (blame the rain!!) and my lack of a building to work in hinders me. I am going on vacation soon so if i'm not done by then i'll take it with me ( going to my grandparents and they have a building and enough tools to keep me busy. )

I worked on smoothing the case feet some more, I eventually put two feet on the dremel to give me a guide to work with, but the foot you see on the top of the dremel will be discarded. It does not meet the form requirements I desire and has been ground down too small to fix. So I will be making another foot in replacement. I'm going to order some LEDs because the local radioshack doesn't have what I want and IMO 3 bux an LED is just way to damn much. If anyone knows of a good place online to get LEDs please let me know. I want a REALLY high MCD rating.

I'm going to Lowes Hardware tomorrow hopefully, to get bondo and maybe some spot putty and paint. I may incorp. the baybus I stole from an old thermaltake case I have into the bay, im not completely sure yet. But if I do I'll have a project on my hands because each wire coming out of it ( and there are a shitload ) will have to be sleeved.

Anyway, on to the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]