1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No UMD transfers for PSPGo, says Sony

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Sep 2009.

1. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

this just gets better and better! (sigh) what i load of S**T!

2. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

go sony! continue killing that little piece of ..

3. NethLyn

NethLyn Minimodder

Glad I never bought into the platform, though actually, I can't remember how long the Game Gear lasted against whatever Ninty had out at the time, that would be the nearest comparison to the PSP in the modern day.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Hardley, 6 Years the Gamegear lasted and the PSP is 1 year younger but sold 5 times more than the Game Gear ever did and holds alot more of the market share.

The PSP has 33% of the market and DS/I with 66%. The Gamegear had only 8.4% of the market compared to Gameboys 91% I think the PSP is doing really well from a business point of view and is making money, so it would be stupid if sony scrapped the PSP. Because that makes no business sense at all. It is far from a failure, but their model for digital download is too expensive to have any effect on sales.

Would you have ever said the Gameboy was a failure? It works out less than 20 Million for five years which the PSP has more than doubled.

Gameboy 118.69 in 20 Years
    DS Lite 107.75 Million Coming up to 5 Years
    PSP 55.5 Million coming up to 5 years
    Game Gear Sol 11 Million in 6 years.
    Neo Geo Pocket 2 Million in 1 year
    Atari Lynx 500K in 1 year

The Gameboy looks like a failure compared to the DS.

5. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

I feel sorry for all the people that picked up a PSPGo thinking they would eventually be able to use their games on it...

Naughty Sony.
    Tsk tsk.

6. Byron C

Byron C Over-reacting and over-analysing since 1982

Nail + coffin.

The 2000 (aka Slim & Lite) actually slimmed down the PSP the most. Most of the "improvements" in the 3000 version were needless fiddling. Better screen? Sure it's brighter and the colours are a little better, but not at the cost of the horrendous scanlines they introduced. I'll stick with my so-called "inferior" screen in my Slim & Lite - you really can't see any ghosting unless you're looking for it.

Besides the Slim & Lite, the best revisions to the PSP have come in the form of firmware.

7. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

i think i'll stick with my PSP Fat
    homebrew Cheesecake

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hm, let's see.

When a console update comes out that is, basically the same hardware, I want it to play the same games the previous version did. This isn't a PSP2, it's a refresh. It bloody well ought to play, or have a method of converting, the previous versions games.

Asking people to buy an overpriced new console and then rebuy all their old games is ridiculous.

9. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

How much you wanna bet people actually will!!

Annoyingthing I see with Sony is they get loads of fanboys, like with the PS3 slim and the new link thingy it has to Sony TV were you can contol the PS3 with the tv remote, great idea but actually know some people who plan to get a new TV just for that alone! simply mad!!

10. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Haha! PSP S&L+CFW=GBA+PSX goodness>PSPgo SONY=FAIL :D

Tags: Add Tags