1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory No unread posts RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 reports in event viewer - problem hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sew333, 23 Jul 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Hi. So first my pc. Currently i am on Windows 10 PRO.

RAM: Kingston Hyperx 16gb 2x8 DDR4

CPU: 6700K

MOBO: Asus Z170-P

SSD: Crucial Bx100 256GB

PSU: Corsair 750 RM

GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 1080 Xtreme

When i am opening some application which is fine and opening. But on event viewer sometimes i get : RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 entries. Applications are opening fine but windows 10 reporting this as RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 entry in event viewer. This is : GTA V.exe, 3dmark.exe ,not only Black Ops 3,and other apps trigger that entry in event manager.

I have that radar entries in event viewer almost everytime when i am opening some game or benchmark , thats all. But not crashing.

Example from BlackOps3:
    [​IMG]

Like i said i dont have crashes , but only that informative entries on event viewer. Thats all. Should i worry? Somebody said that this can be caused by faulty ram, faulty ram slot, faulty mobo or faulty cpu controller. Please help thx.
    I checked memtest86 for 6 hours and no errors. Status health of ssd is GOOD.

2. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

The only thing that i can immediately see that you've not already been told on -

http://forums.pureoverclock.com/mem...eak_64-reports-event-viewer-problem-rams.html & http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/for...64-reports-in-event-viewer-problem-with-rams/ & http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/RADAR-PRE-LEAK-64-reports-in-event-viewer/td-p/175199 & http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f210/radar_pre_leak_64-reports-in-event-viewer-1146081.html & all the numerous other places that you've raised the same issue

- is to try reinstalling Windows; solely install the windows updates (no additional drivers or antivirus or anything); & then try one of the games that showing the memory leak issue.

Well, since you've already tested the memory & other bit & bobs for whatever reasons people suggested doing so, this should rule out whether its something else that you've currently got installed that's causing an issue.

That said, to repeat other people's advice, it's really not something to overtly worry about - so as it's not causing any material issue then it's entirely up to you if you want to spend more time on it.

3. sew333

sew333 What's a Dremel?

Ok but i want to be sure that is not with hardware?

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Then rule out the software... :/

5. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

What you're reporting simply isn't an issue that's meaningful; given that it's causing no problems at all to your actual usage & by far the most likely cause is s/w - not h/w...

...&, whilst it's not great that you're concerned about it, there's only so many times that people can try to reassure you &, practically, only a ltd number of things that anyone could suggest that are either sensible (esp in terms of money) or can actually tell you anything for certain.

On the h/w side, given all the tests that you've run/been asked to run on other forums, there's nothing more that you can directly test on that level without more equipment - & none of the options will be definitive &/or will cost money...

For example -

- Sticking the SSD (in its current state) into someone else's random setup as the boot drive would only prove that it's not a h/w issue if the same issue occurred...

...since, unless at least the board & graphics card are identical (as you've tested the ram & SSD & whatnot), different drivers or parts of drivers could be called - so it working fine on some other system simply wouldn't demonstrate that there was any h/w fault.

- Whilst you 'could' buy an identical 2nd set of components (sans the SSD & memory) & see if the same issue occurs with the SSD in the state it's currently in...

...though, whilst it's almost certainly a s/w issue, this obviously wouldn't rule out there being some inherent fault with either all, a batch or some %age of a component of course - & is obviously stupidly expensive.

- Or you could return everything to where you bought it & buy materially different components (the extreme being buying everything AMD)...

...though as there's no h/w fault that can be demonstrated then you'd be liable for the return shipping & whatnot - & you could still end up with the same issue.

So sensibly you come down to trying to rule out it being s/w on the components that you have -

- &, without spending any money, you can try what i suggested...

- or you could buy a copy of Win7 & do the same thing - though it's more money for, imho, no good reason; hence not originally suggesting it...

- or you could see if the anniversary update sorts it in ~8 days' time - though this isn't a definite method as it doesn't rule out it being a driver issue or some part of Win10 that doesn't get updated or some other piece of s/w you've installed or...

Again though, as there's no material issue that's causing you any problems with usage, other than installing the anniversary update when it's available just because (rather than explicitly to try to solve it), i have no doubt that all of these will be a complete waste of time &/or money...

...though it's your call if you want to ignore the opinion on all of the forums that there's no fundamental issue & try whatever you think is appropriate from this list of stuff for your own peace of mind.

6. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I've just spotted these posts - you're a serial 'pretend problem' poster. THEREFORE - if you can post sensibly, you can say - the next pointless 'problem' you raise, you'll be banned, meladdo.

It's also not 'your first computer' - read your earlier posts. Oh, and go and look out your dunce hat, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.