1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Noctua NH-U12A Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 2 May 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Very, very nice, looks like it's up to Noctua's usual exceptional standards.

£90 is a lot for an air cooler, sure, but at the same time a pair of the included NF-A12x25 fans will run you £50 if bought separately. And it's hard to argue with those performance figures - the best performing air cooler out of those tested, and the best performing cooler full stop for s1151.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

IDEA: All future reviews to include a graph of the reviewer's blood pressure during installation and testing. It'll be the new hot metric, I'm telling you!

MLyons likes this.
  4. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

I think you've got something here! Why stop at blood pressure, though? Could start to chart heart rate ("Just how exciting is this product?") which would be useful for both hardware and software!

Gareth Halfacree and MLyons like this.
  5. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Being an ITX addict it's a little bit for my tastes.

However just wanted to shout out noctuas great CS.

3.5 years after purchasing an Intel based cooler, noctua are sending me for free mounting brackets for AM4. No fuss, filled in an online form with the required info bang job done.

6. loftie

loftie Well-Known Member

I got my Noctua back in 09/10 IIRC, and I'm still using it today. Unfortunately I think I've lost the purchasing info so no free upgrades for me - if I had it however they'd send it out, which is awesome.

Price has increased a bit, mine was £55 from memory. Seems like they've upped the fan speeds too? Pretty sure mine sits at ~1300 at max. Quality and ability still hasn't changed though, amazing performance from that cooler.

Tags: Add Tags