1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noisy Computer.??????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by (AUST)Mod, 3 Mar 2006.

1. (AUST)Mod

(AUST)Mod What's a Dremel?

I thought it was the hdd..... Replaced the hdd...... NO CHANGE!!!! :wallbash: I think it is the nb fan or the otes mosfet coolers. can anybody suggest how to get rid of this noise? the Motherboard is a Abit AA8XE FATALITY. The noise is like a constant clicking and then when i move the mouse or stress the system it turns to a grinding noise!!!! It is very irratating and louder than the 4 120mm fans in my case!!! PLEASE HELP!!! :waah: :sigh: :wallbash:

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

You know, there was a thread earlier about all this; just put on a passive northbridge heatsink.

3. (AUST)Mod

(AUST)Mod What's a Dremel?

It is not the nb fan. it must be the otes mosfet coolers. how can i replace them?

4. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Try lowering the fan speeds to 70% through the BIOS. If that doesn't work, replace the three small annoying fans in your system: OTES and NB. I have an Abit Max 3 with an OTES and annoying NB. I replaced the NB with a copper chipset heatsink from Silenx and used the included fan to replace the OTES fan. I'm not sure how the OTES is configured on your motherboard, but you may be able to do something similar. I also hooked up my OTES to a fan controller and lowered the voltage quite a bit. My PWM area is a bit hotter now, but the system is quieter and I'm happy.

Also, your video card fan may be the culprit, or your PSU may be the culprit. When I had a overloaded 350W PSU and a LOT of components, the PSU would go crazy with the exhaust heat when I stressed the system. What you have to do is find a way to stress the system, and then take the side of the case off and try to locate the sound. You can also stop different fans to locate the culprit, but that's not a good recommendation.