1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Nokia 6610 Pop-Port Pin Diagram

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sowler, 4 Jun 2003.

1. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Right heres my plan/problem. Well I have jus got a Nokia 6610 and something that really anouys (sp?) me is that u can't listen to the radio on it without the headset plugged in as this acts as an ariel. Now I am guessing that if the correct pins are shorted or watever it will tell the phone the headset is plugged in therefore you can listen to the radio via the loudspeaker on the fone. I have tried google but can't find anything. So does anybody have any ideas where i could find it or have any ideas or useful suggestions?

Cheers

Sowler

2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Bleh, I used to know this because a trick you could do to eaves drop on conversations in a room.

I'll try and dig out the pin configurations.

<EdiT>
    Those are for the 8210, but AFAIK the pins are still standard throughout models.

Also:

3. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

The pins AREN'T the same. The new 60 series colour-screen Nokias (6610, 6100, 5100, 7210, 7250 and probably a few more) have a new "pop-port" connector for attaching a camera and I'm guessing maybe an MP3 player or bluetooth device for the non-bluetooth models.

Anyway, I wouldn't try shorting pins as mentioned in the previous post since that is for the old style connector such as that on the 8210.

4. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

So any ideas about the pin out anybody?

5. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Well....

For anyone that is interested I found out wat does wat by myself by covering certain pins on the headset dongle thingy with a pengiun wrapper. All instruction giving from looking at the phone from the bottom with the charging hole on the left. And to tell it that it has a headset in just shove something conductive in pin 2 of the main block of pins and then to get the ariel use the last pin of the main block on the right.

Hope this helps anybody that is interested.

Sowler

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

So, are you now able to play the radio from the loud speaker?

7. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

Yeah u jus go into the radio menu and tell it too play through the loudspeaker. Obviously on the headset setting nothing happens. Anymore questions just ask.

Sowler