1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Noob on deck! :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Si-borg, 17 Mar 2012.

1. Si-borg

Si-borg What's a Dremel?

Hi, im new to the custom pc scene and have recently decided to build and overclock my own pc.
    I have been reading custom pc for almost a year and amazed by how much choice there is with regards to mobo's,cpu's,gpu's etc etc.

Long story short,i was given an asus M5A 78L-M USB3 mobo and bought an asus gtx 560 direct CUII OC gpu for £50 off a friend. I found and bought an AMD phenom II x6 1100t BE on ebay for £145 (with p&p) and was wondering what your thoughts are with regards to ssd's,hdd's,cases etc??
    Money is a little tight at the moment,until bonus time from work!

My pc is mainly going to be used for internet and photoshopping but also looking at using it as a media server for my house too.
    Maybe in the future,also used for pc gaming? Not a fan of pc games due to being a ps3 guy :)

Thanks for any help and suggestions in advance!:thumb:

2. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

Depends what your budget is, but 120GB Corsair Force 3s are going for £104.99 on Ebuyer atm, you should also get something like a 1/2TB Samsung F3/4 HDD for storage though, that should set you back about £90.

Casewise, I've got a Lian-Li PC-G50 which I'm in love with but they're hard to come by and are a little pricey so I'd look at maybe Antec models as a start.

Hope that helps.

Point to note- SSDs make your computer incredibly fast but cost a lot so if you aren't sure you can stretch your budget to cover one, get a 7200rpm SATA-III HDD and you shouldn't be disappointed. If you think you may upgrade to an SSD at a later stage though, you may want to consider the implications of reinstalling your OS and programs onto it.

3. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

:jawdrop: Does your friend have anything else for sale!

Tags: