1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Nooh's Watercooled HD3870 & Modded Rad Housing

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nooh, 3 Dec 2007.

1. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Just recently I planned to buy a watercooling system. First I purchsed the straters kit and when I recieved it I decided to add a few more items. Whilst doing that I was advised that I should give the starter kit back and buy all the items for the project separatly

Anyway, said to myslef a few years back that I would love to try three 360 rads and now I have done that. i have spent a lot of money on this project and I am really pleased with how it looks. I was advised by one of your beloved member 'ledbythereaper ' to put it up here so here it is.

I am sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Below is the custom made case I am going to be using.
    [​IMG]

So these are most of the items that are going to be used.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2007
  2. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

3. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can tell by now I plan to use two loops.

1 loop is going to use 2 rads for the SB and HD3870 . I plan to use the rads for future GPU's and that being the main reason why I purchased two pumps. I wanted to see how much differnce a extra rad would make. I was going to just watercool the cpu first using three rads but people kept on telling me it was a overkill.I guess they were right but I really want to see it for myself.

The 2nd loop is going to watercool the cpu NB Msofet.

4. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see from this pics I first planned to put my resovoir inside the case but later changed that because of the air getting trapped.best place was either in the case or outside.

5. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ImageShack - Hosting :: watercooled387029crt7.jpg

that is the result of the GPU watercooled , HD3870 watercooled. :0

Still plenty of work needed to be done. Get back to you on this once finished

I was compensated big time with the results of the GPU temp and the overclock. really really pleased how cool the 3870 works.

Also note that I still have not put the new feser water coolent (Heat carrier) in the loop yet . Hopefully should get better results once that is done.

6. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

7. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

Yes It is I guess :)

Here is more of the place and the work I did .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was advised by people to get some mesh or acrylic for a better finish . SO I purchased black acrylic and silver mesh for the finish . They will be sliding doors for the case.

Also the other Pics are of the place of where I got my parts from and had it cut tere too www.hitechshowcases.com

8. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

9. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

10. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now everything is cut I can sart putting the whole thing back together again. This took a awful long time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now everything is

11. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this is where I am at now. Still waiting for the pump from Specialtech , once I have that I can venture on forth.

There are still things to do yet and I have ordered some of the things for it. I still need to buy some door handles for the sliding doors.

Overall really plesed with how it looks and behaves. I used to hate pulling my case everytime I wanted to change something from the inside, all I have to do now is pull it because it has castors on it.

Ordered the UV lights for the top and some cathode lights for the bottom. Hopefully I will have them in tomorrow , post some more pics then.

This is the forst time ever I have modded something and also watercooled something. Learnt a lot I guess whilst doing it and I enjoyed it very very much :)

12. tinytomlogan

tinytomlogan Time To Live Customs

Nice work Nooh,

is that pink coolant.........? Just teasing!

13. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

It is suppose to be a Red but it looks like a pink. I can make it purple by mixing some blue. Maybe do it later. Loop no 2 is going to be yellow.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Nice work :thumb:

I didn't get to see all the pic (my browser is gay) Why 3 rads??? Is there 3 different loops??? That case looks great, did you make it yourself???

again great work (from what I saw)

15. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

Why 3 rads ? Well Always wanted to for ome time. I was going to do just the one loop and keep only two fans or three but then i was advised that it wont work.so I still kept my three rqads and purchased another pump and another 6 fans.

So now I will have 2 loops. 1 red /pink and one yellow/yellow hopefully.

I have my CPU,NB,MOSFET on one 360 rad and the GPU and SB on the other 2 rad. I was also going to watercool the xbox 360 but I have no funds left to do thatat the mo so I will sometime later ,say maybe after january.

And the case was designed by me and then cut by my brother inlaw and then made once by him and then once by me because it needed to be altered , also had to cut all the windows in mesh and in perspex.

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

all of it looks great :thumb:

I don't know what your specs are but I'd put the 2 rads on the CPU, NB, MOSFET and only one rad on the GPU and SB

17. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

See how the loop goes . and If things get too much for 1 rad then may be I will swap it later or pick a 120.3 which I saw on a website and was for £25 and add one to it. I plan to watercool the xbox360 later on the loop which has two rads.Thwe xbox 360 will definately make use of the rad.

I have a Q6600 which could proabably do with 2 rads but I dont really plan to overclock the q6600 by that much . Maybe only 3200mhz max. For that it should be more than enough. Also used coolaborotory liquid as termal paste so I should get a few degree's better dissipation from that.

I was looking at some handles for the case. Hopefully buy some tomorrow.

18. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Looks nice! Did you bow your fuzion block?

19. nooh

nooh What's a Dremel?

Sorry diddent quite understand that

20. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

You can get better temps usually if you rip the block apart and ad a fatter o ring in the middle, thus bowing the base and giving better contact.

RwD