1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Noritake 128x64 VFD NON-technical thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RAM Z, 13 Jan 2003.

1. Guest-2808

Guest-2808 Guest

US auction, I bid $18 (starting price), final price was $20 USD. I`ll buy one for USD 20 plus shipping :)

Could just order from Noritake for that $90. I`m in the UK anyway.

MoJo

2. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

3. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

Hey, what's up

I hope the silence lately means everyone recieved their displays & are having too much fun :sigh:

I on the otherhand got a note that my payment was refunded :jawdrop: & I can't get a reply from the seller. Any one else in the same boat,or did one of you make him an offer he couldn't refuse? :miffed:

4. dakar

dakar What's a Dremel?

Not really... smoked one... and having the devil getting the second one to display anything but the orange veins glowing on the other. Tried both posted wirings and still nothing. So i set it aside for a spell and starting wrecking other things for a bit. Like my printer last night, see the disaster mods :sigh: ... and still working on modding a really sharp case i picked up for $30 w/350w PSU.

5. mod-ern man

mod-ern man What's a Dremel?

Finally got a reply to why I won't get my display from the second auction, :grr:
    "We ran short on inventory and have no more displays to deliver. My company is closing its doors do to the telecom down turn and this was left over inventory."
    That really blows, hope everyone else will get theirs, and think of me if you have a spare (not for $90) :eyebrow:

6. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

i tried getting a spare from ATF and he wants 75 for them...

7. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

I've asked the guy to gimme four, then somewhy the email communication with him suddenly stopped, I received no response.

8. SleeperDC

SleeperDC What's a Dremel?

yea~
    my clear double cover is arrived...
    the VFD fits right in there with no more space to move...
    this is what it looks like if you miss it earlier in this thread...
    [​IMG]

but too bad i still can't get it working...

9. iSteve

iSteve What's a Dremel?

Great, I asked him by mail for four VFD's.

BEFORE he put it on ebay second time. Now he told me he doesn't have any anymore.

10. SillyGoose

SillyGoose What's a Dremel?

I bought 3, and he shorted me, when asked about the missing product, he simply refunded me for the third one. I don't know, that's not cool in my book, if you didn't have stock, shouldn't have listed so many. I was gonna let one go for $40 to pay for the other 2, sucks!

11. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

Well, i was kind of disappointed that i took 2weeks for me to get the displays, that's 2 weeks after i paypalled, but it was worth it. I finally wired up my display Friday night (got them Tuesday), and these are really cool, i used to have a Noritake 40x2 which sucked, cost twice as much as these, and it was too wide to fit anything like a case.

Just thought i would let you guys know i got it working also. I like the looks of that clear bay cover, think i might have to try that, but i want to get the output blue, that would just about make it perfect.

If anyone wants to know, i used Liquid-MP3 with the wiring that was posted at top of the tech thread for Liquid-MP3. Parallel port is running in ECP mode. Hope you guys that are having probs get them fixed, and thank you all for the information. Big thanks to Zotty too, nice prog!

12. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

ok, i am gonna sell one of my displays, how about $60 + shipping, i have a cable for it too. email me at PyroTom85@yahoo.com offers welcome.

13. SleeperDC

SleeperDC What's a Dremel?

still can't get it working...

can i just buy the cable off you??

14. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

Well, i have it tenatively sold, and the guy asked me if i could make a cable for his friend for a small fee.

Do you need just the parallel cable? Or do you need the power one also?

I will see what i have, but probably could make one for ya.

15. tomd

tomd What's a Dremel?

I can make you a cable if you don't mind it being made of a cut up floppy cable. Just let me know. I don't think i have a power connector though, i may be able to figure somethin out if you need.

16. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

does anyone have another of these displays for sale??

17. RAM Z

RAM Z What's a Dremel?

Your in luck! I'm going to Costa Rica in one week and I'm doing anything for money right now. I was just about to post my two displays in the for sale section. Here's the deal, (1) display $45.00 or (2) for $80.00. You pay shipping. PAYPAL ME at ramsey@cleaned4u.com

18. richms

richms What's a Dremel?

Does anyone have any that they are interested in selling?

Pref not one that has being smoked too ;)

19. RAM Z

RAM Z What's a Dremel?

Email me, I got one left. $45.00 + plus you pay actual shipping charge. NOT SMOKED! Just need money...