1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Noritake GU126x32F-K612A4 graphic VFD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 19 Jul 2002.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cheese - neither of my PCs use MBM cause it doesnt seem to like the intel chipsets :( so do u recon LCDC will recognise "Winbond Hardware Doctor" ???

Also Kane - YGM m8 :)

2. reenoo

reenoo What's a Dremel?

LCDproc driver and availability in .de

Funks/Phil ...

I'm one of the LCDproc developers (http://lcdproc.org) and I'd like to write an LCDproc driver for Noritake displays (which would make it possible to use them with GNU/Linux and possibly *BSD and Solaris) as well as add real support for graphical displays (currently graphical ones can only be used the same way as character oriented ones) to the server core (LCDd).

My problem is just: How do I get such a display here in Germany?

I've found this on your website:
    http://www.noritake-itron.com/SubPages/locationseurope.htm

Unfortunately the given e-mail addresses are apparently invalid (host noritake.de returns nothing).

Thanks for your help,

Rene

Last edited: 25 Jul 2002
  3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Nope bindi... you need MBM to get temp/voltage/cpu info unless the progrie shares its ram in the same way (which I doubt it does). Have you tried the latest MBM and read all the gumph on making it work with your mobo? I bet you can you know ;)

r.

4. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

reenoo,

You could contact the UK sales office via email or phone... They've always been very helpful when I have called.

http://www.noritake-itron.com/SubPages/locationsuk.htm

Lovah,

You've got the right idea... but I will need to fully justify it. I was thinking something along the lines of useful in server environments where it can provide a compact display in rack mount setups which can be added to virtually any system.

Kane

Last edited: 25 Jul 2002
  5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, both my Aopen and Abit beep and reset when i configure MBM temp sensors :sigh: :cries:

Tis nice to see developers and producers coming together here though! Welcome Reenoo! we've got a few solaris/linux machines at work for molecular modelling.. doubt if i could convince them to buy a VFD though :rolleyes:

6. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

I've seen the same fault on my Dad's system... Abit motherboard.

I believe a couple of my friends experience the same fault with their Abit motherboards.

Kane

7. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Hmm I'd have thought there'd be a fix for a problem as serious as that in MBM :( Oh well...

Edited the first post with the download link of my latest LCDC files and a new pic :) So you guys know where to look when your displays arrive ;)

Cheers,

r.

8. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Any animations yet?

Looks really really good.

Kane

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

U and me both m8 :(

10. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

##200?

Rob,

Is [##200] in to time waste?

Kane

11. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Sometimes... any old character wastes 50us, so I use it after drawing a rectangle say to waste time. It's used more often to waste characters. If I want a line in screen builder to only be 5 characters long and I only type 5 characters in, LCDC will print the 5 characters and 16 spaces (to make the 21 line length set in the command file), sooo.... by putting lots of [##200]'s at the end of the line (a non-existing character) lcdc then sends 16 ##200's to finish the line which does nothing to the display. You understand?

Now if I have 5 lines on a screen and I only want to use 2 (for the big clock say) I can waste 3 of the lines by filling them with [##200]'s. In this case the time wasted by [##200] isn't important (a screen of [##200] or any normal characters can be refreshed up to 33 times a second and lcdc's max is 25).

Cheers,

r.

12. Mat-d-Rat

Mat-d-Rat Drive it to the edge baby

Or you can just use the skip line option (but that would be to easy!!)

(Why are you next to a sheep Rob!!)

13. bmph8ter

bmph8ter What's a Dremel?

Really looks beautiful!! But I do have 1 stupid question.
    I'm not exactly "up" on international business practices, so could/would someone explain the Duty Unpaid thing to me. Also, if I am not mistaken, the only place to get the kit is through Noritake UK correct?

Great article CheeseMan, keep up the good work. And Funks thanks for all the help.

14. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Umm dunno how to use that one, is it a [#$blah] you use to finish off a line?

bmph8ter - Don't know the answer to your question, funks might be able to help though I doubt he'll check this board again until monday morning GMT :) ...and thanks for the nice words, I'm always working on something new ;)

r.

15. Mat-d-Rat

Nope - Select the line then use "Alignment | Skip line"

16. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

If you use Skip line, then it skips the line. The whole line.

Rob is referring to finishing the line where LCDC appears to "fill" the line with blank spaces which can overwrite graphics that are written to the display.

Kane

17. Mat-d-Rat

Waste 3 lines by just skipping them as I said - yes you will still need to fill the others...

18. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Oh sorry, I mis read... but still, you've answered my question.

Thanks

Kane

19. Telkman

Telkman What's a Dremel?

Re: blag ?

to blag is get summat for free in the simplet form.

for example, i recently blagged a free tv-tuner card from pinnacle systems.

Blagged Hardware

I don't know how likely it is you would recievve a discount on just buying a few.

would likely be if u bought in bulk, say 10 or 100, for if u were mass producing something, say for example, u needed these for a shopping till.

ask em and see

20. Cheese

Cheese Doc

I don't think blag meant 'get one for free' in this sense, more convince someone to let him use one :)

...and thanks for pointing out the skip line thing mat, I don't think I'll use it though - I'd forget that I'd set it for a line and spend half an hour wondering why it wasn't printing ;) When I start a new screen I generally fill all the lines up with [##200]'s and work from there, I rarely leave a line completely blank :)

Cheers,

r.

Tags: Add Tags