1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Noritake GU126x32F-K612A4 graphic VFD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 19 Jul 2002.

1. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

Ah yes, the X64 is a double hight job... One thing you could try is mounting it behind a double 3.5" bay... It's just the right size!

Last edited: 23 Dec 2003
  2. couzo

couzo New Member

I don't know it is has been asked or said but enak how did you cut the aluminium and get such I nice finish as I want to do the same sort of thing on my window panel and my own vfd bezel?

3. Enak

Enak Also known as Kane

I think I did mention it... but it's not documented... The bezel was milled out.

The first bezel I did (which was just a quick job) was cut by hand... that one didn't come out very well.

If you don't have access to a milling machine most machine shops (Yellow Pages - Engineers) will usually do the job for you for a fiver or so.

4. coorz

coorz Miffed

Yeah i did, and if anyone cares, yes it can be done,

here's the reply,
    'We have pleasure confirming that you can power our VFD Module from your external 5v PSU but please DO NOT "hot plug" the RS232 when the seperate PSU is ON.

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Tech at Noritake-Itron UK office'

such nice folks,

5. Gunterius

Gunterius New Member

Flashing-= flickering display

Hello dear Noritake users,

After succesfully installing the VFD (64 high) i configured lcdc as software. I'm wondering however, if with other users the screen also "flickers" at every update (twice or more a second). First I thought it was normal, since it updated for example the clock, but I now noticed that a bitmap that I write at opening of a screen also flickers, and I would expect it not to, since I write it once every 30 seconds. :confused:

Is this normal, or do other people have a smooth screen, with maybe only flickering on the values that change ?

I hope somebody can tell me how to solve this, because it's really drawing (too much ;) )attention on my HTPC standing in the living room next to my TV-set.

Gunterius

6. R@Mo

R@Mo New Member

I'm ordering this VFD on Monday. Nice to have a huge thread filled with resources. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making my life easier. :D

7. Kronenbourg1664

Kronenbourg1664 New Member

Holy thread revival

8. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

doesnt surprise me, it is more of an ongoing support/FAQ than a simple forum thread.

9. nealgs

nealgs New Member

hey all,

anyone know if this is still available and what the current price is if it is.

cheers
    Gary

10. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Noritake will probably still sell you one, but I wouldn't like to try and make the latest version of LCDC work with it... probably not worth buying I'm afraid.

11. Tau

Tau Sharingan!

I have one that I would consider selling. PM me if you still want one

12. Kronenbourg1664

I'm running on the latest version, some of the files are now protected which is a bit of a bugger, i had changed a few things to help me take advantage of it in earlier versions.

It does work though...

13. DrPsycho

DrPsycho New Member

I have one that's almost new, looking to sell it cause I don't have the time to play around with it that much, contact me if you're interested. Can also provide aluminium bezel lazer cut.

14. Kronenbourg1664

Does anyone happen to have any of the screens from the first post, I lost all of them in a recent hard drive failure. If you have any chance you could email a copy to me (Address in sig)

Thank you

EDIT: Just noticed 1 year anniversary since last post :clap: :clap:

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

16. Kronenbourg1664

They don't seem to have more than a few pages of the forums, nevermind the files...

Tags: Add Tags