1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normal Americans are super inteligent :P .

Discussion in 'General' started by DXR_13KE, 18 Feb 2006.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ok, first off let me remind you that I was the first to say that whatever lack of intelligence you saw in the video was a world-wide phenomenon, not one limited to Americans. In fact, in many countries it is much worse than that.

As for "obfuscate", well, it was late and English is not my first language. Moreover the members of this forum are above average intelligence and know how to Google for Dictionary.com. Fair?

I think the video, besides giving us a cheap giggle at other people's expense, makes an important point. I would guess a reasonable number (although not all) of the people interviewed vote. The politicians they vote for dictate the foreign policy that the world currently enjoys. It sort of brings home that people get the government that they deserve.

2. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

Fair enough. Your story right there is a perfect example. Look at any educated person, when they have a tough time explaining something they'll turn right to complex words. You're obviously no idiot and I respect your opinions on this board. It's just that some people tend to use big words to give themselves credibility. I realize that wasn't the case. Sorry.

True. Remember, though, voter turn out is only around 50% on presidential elections (probably much less on regional/statewide elections). Even then, it is scary to think about how much thought people that do vote put into elections. I guess the only hope is that there's a decent smart/dumb ratio. According to your bell curve, we're in trouble. Normally I'd disagree, but Bush and Iraq are pretty strong arguments. Just two more years, just two more years. I mean, there's nothing below rock bottom, right? :D

3. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

What??? :confused:

Erm... so you expect people to dumb down instead of using the whole breath of the English language?

I for one don't have any problem understanding the English language or nor do I have any difficulty understanding 'complex' words as you like to describe them. Personally, if you think words are too complex... I really have only one thing to say to you... 'Go back to school'.

Word's are not complex, or difficult, or even easy... you are either educated enough to know it or you are smart enough to learn it. If you just sit there and complain that some people shouldn't use 'complex' words, then I have absolutely no problem labelling you ignorant without any further justification.

Forgive me, but I just re-read that the phrase 'cunning linguist' just popped into my head! :naughty:

Last edited: 23 Feb 2006
  4. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I think that could set a new bit-tech record for the most off-topic remark in a bit-tech thread ever. . .

Post count +1

L J

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Even though they most probably only showed the idiots out of the many people they asked the question those idiots were actually REALLY stupid...

Poor sense of geography or should I say non-existant?

coupled with...

No political sense whatsoever make those people look really dumb, honestly I learnt locations of countries in year 7 geography or earlier, everyone must have seen a map in their life at least once, give me a break... :duh: