1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Nostalgia Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by chimmy09, 1 Aug 2010.

1. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I thought an interesting thread idea would be for people to post various weird things that make them feel nostalgic... I'll start.

Listening to the Futurama theme music.

I am a month away from being 20 now, and listening to the Futurama theme music reminds me of when I was 13. I would stay up past my then bed-time to watch the show, and I remember as every night as the theme music would start, I would start to get paranoid that I was going to get caught.

2. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

[​IMG]

KEVIIIINNNN!

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Looking at pictures of my old room, Amiga floppy disks in key locked boxes stacked ceiling high. Hearing cannon fodder being played. To be honest even looking at my dreamcast and remembering the excitement of getting a new VMU so I could have 2 in one controller!

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Reading anything about Final Fantasy makes me think of the hours and hours spent on:

[​IMG]

REPEAT x99 xEVERY SPELL

5. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THOSE

That aside, I probably speak for a lot of people when I say Half-Life 1. It was the filler of my childhood.

Incidentally, has anyone watched the Home Alone films with the benefit of hindsight? They're absolutely terrible. You really can't go back :sigh:

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I remember when I was young going round my aunt and uncles and playing on my cousin's PS1 for the first time. I remember us playing loads of WipeOut2097, Loops of Fury Cheesecake.

I get chills every time I hear that PS1 startup music.

7. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

This characters games was the source of many hours of entertainment.
    Still play em on emulators every now n then.

[​IMG]

8. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I found an old sony walkman the other day, it's got to be around 25 years old and I promptly binned it. The thing is it used to take 6 batteries and last about 8 hours tops, not forgetting the fact that I had to carry a suit case full of tapes if I wanted a choice of music....Now we have mp3 players....Yep I'm glad I binned it....lol

9. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

The smell of my engine powered rc car and plane.

It takes me back to when I was a kid staying at my dads house on weekends, he was into rc models and would take me to model airshows.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2010