1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Note-taking software for University use

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr-IK, 7 Sep 2010.

1. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Heyo!

So i just got my hands on a b-e-a-utiful MacBook pro 17"!

Problem is, its my first mac, and when it comes to apps, it's a bit of a jungle out there.

I've already got Word, and tried its "Notebook mode", but im not impressed. So im looking for a OneNote equivalent for a Mac, where i can easily take notes, and preferably make small drawings/diagrams without having to open all sort of extensions or hidden menus.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Daedelus

Daedelus What's a Dremel?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Try Journler (now defunct but still available), OmniOutliner or the bizarrely named, but closest alternative Circus Ponies Notebook.

4. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Get a marker and write on the case.

</endmachating>

Use a pen or pencil, you'll find you can take notes faster by hand.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

+1 if your too busy thinking about setting up the laptop somewhere to type down notes then your not thinking about the discussion at hand.

I turned up to lectures with a tatty old biro, maybe a pencil and produce any form of paper i could find. I think one lecture i even use the back of a receipt.

The key to note taking is to listen and write down the important info like book titles, ISBN numbers, or useful names.

6. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Hehehe, i take notes by hand when im in class mostly, but i find the computer to be an excellent tool when im reading 100+ pages at home, and want to create larger amounts of notes!

@ The rest; I've already stumbled upon those programs in my search, will try to check them out to see if they're worth using :)

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

best thing to do then is to jot down notes on paper in class and afterwards when your reviewing what you have been taught you can type your notes to a programme. I find it useful to print off the lecture slides and make notes on them.

8. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

lol, we use to get hand outs at the start, great for notes upon the notes.

then it got cut to just a power point presentation, but they were available for download.