1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Actually.. one of the gold medal winners from the '08 games was found begging on the streets within the last year iirc.

And also not salt, but Jade. 80% of the worlds Jade is mined from the boarder between Burma/China and mostly uses forced labor.

DEMOTIVATED YET? :p

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

You b**tard Bindi.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:D

I've got more, we could talk about the North Korean concentration camps (thought this practice ended in 1945? LOL) or the 1,300 missiles aimed permanently at Taiwan, buuuut this thread is more about pictures and lols :p

4. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Get your camera out!

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

6. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

That makes less than no sense. Given that the insurance companies providing health insurance have virtually zero crossover with companies providing other types of insurance, how is that even possible?

Or is it some BS they threw in when you last renewed your policy - "uh, yeah, due to, uh, Obama's mandatory healthcare, we're, uh, raising your rates." Sounds like ******** to me. Nice smokescreen for making more money - if they're publicly traded, have a look at their quarter-over-quarter results. Bet they're up starting the quarter they fed you that line, and continuing into the next quarter. Hell, that could keep them rising for nearly a year, as long as they're not raising them so high you actually, you know, compare and see if it might be time to find a new insurance company.

Even with the company I work for raising rates for unrepentant smokers (which I definitely am), my rates dropped this year. So has my car insurance, as if that matters.

Not that I'm defending that pile of crap that was insurance reform - we were supposed to get single-payer healthcare, not a sell-out payday for the insurance companies. Nor am I defending Obama, who's turned out to be a bigger conservative than Bush II. Not that I'm voting for Romney, who's personal motto seems to be "pay me enough and I'll believe whatever you want." Matter of fact, I'm sitting this presidential election out. Tired of voting against people, and for the lesser evil. I was genuinely excited to vote for Obama in '08. I can still remember riding the bus home through downtown on my way home election night. There were people honest-to-god dancing in the streets once the election had been called. I'll never see that again, I guarantee.

And there you go - I have been successfully demotivated :sigh:

7. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Ah yes, but everyone knows Evildoer Korea's missiles likely wouldn't even reach the coast before fizzling, blowing up, etc.

8. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

There's the hope!

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I thought it was a load of crock too, but given that it's shared between the family and I'm a benificiary, I'm not the one who makes the decisions. Regardless, what we did was just simply take on car off the insurance, because we never drive it anyways and it's technically still dead. (Stupid mercedes).

10. LithiumDesign

LithiumDesign 3dsMax User

It's the thought that counts :p

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Bindi when did Taiwan become Chinese Taipei?

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

It depends on point of view. Chinese Taipei is the name used because of China communist China.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Taipei

It is a similar thing to Macedonia, which has a name of "Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia" instead of Macedonia due Greece vetoing that name.

Last edited: 13 Aug 2012
  13. JaccoW

JaccoW Overspender on keyboards

It's not Korea that is pointing them on Taiwan. It's China.

14. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

That's not so good... It's not easy to be too scared of North Korea (unless you live there...) but China...

All a bunch of mentals if you ask me (well at least the governments and leaders).. that's what happens when you don't get proper internet!

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea it's due to China's refusal to acknowledge Taiwan as an independent nation so it's a legal quagmire. China's position is that before any negotiation on that status, Taiwanese accept its a part of 'one China'. There is no debate. Taiwan actually is 'Republic of China' so they are 'Chinese'. Taipei is inoffensive so the two are the only thing agreed on.
    The whole situation goes beyond that though because Taiwanisation has only been a 'thing' in the last 15 years, and even that name is disputed between the 'Taiwanese' and 'Republic of Chinese' political parties and the agreement to the IOC was made in '81, before the transition to democracy, from repressive dictatorship, in '89.

Regardless of all this, China is big enough to throw its weight around and claim the right to things that it doesn't expressly own, like most of the South China Sea and Philippine islands. You see it's not about who's right but who has the most guns, money and political influence.

This is my understanding of the situation so far, but I literally pick up more and more each week. If you want a good book I recommend 'forbidden nation'. Now, change subject please! :p

16. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Its a shame Taiwan isn't under chinese mainland influence, and to be honest It shouldn't.

17. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

If you suddenly dissapear from the forums then we'll know what has happened to you, lol.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Maybe it's my English, but i can't figure out what the hell were you trying to say.

Anyway, let's get to Demote :)... Some cities still have their cable TV/internet like this, and then lightning comes :D :
    [​IMG]
    (and the video http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25f_1344496418 )

Last edited: 13 Aug 2012
  19. feedayeen

feedayeen What's a Dremel?

Fascinating, you can actually see how the current split. So on the left side, a measly 0.21 "Giga watts" fried the wire, and on the right, you see where the other 1 "Giga watt" went.

I'm not sure if that's copper we're seeing as copper burns blue, but the blackbody radiation could be dominant at 3000C. In either case, it's a good thing that it had ~5 seconds to cool off before raining down on the pedestrians below.

20. suragh

suragh Derp