1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

How many guns do American magazine publishers keep on the premises? Just wondering. But if a gunman can carry a weapon to school or university, surely school and university teachers and security staff can too? Especially now they are legal inside schools, universities and churches in five States.

Well, here is an analysis. Conclusion: armed civilians do not help. They actually make things marginally worse.

Well, research keeps showing that number of them is an important variable.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Just to add, from what i understand the office shot at the newspapers premises which was shown in a rather insensitive video was armed as he was assigned as one of the two body guards, when he was shot for the second time he could not defend himself as he had already been injured.
    That itself is demote purely for the fact they felt the need to kill someone they had already seriously injured.

Anyway i feel this whole debate is beciming rather tit for tat and is better left in the seious section.

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Devon, huh? Well, as I'm from Belfast I'd imagine can intervene with a more learned opinion on gun control...

The problem with your argument is that it assumes guns only relate to these movie-esque scenes were it's just the lone hero vs the raging madman. There's a lot more to it than that.

For an understated start, they escalate things quickly; Not just the particular scenario, but the canvass it's painted on. We still live in a Britain where people feel safer, more comfortable, more secure, forming racial enclaves - Do you really want to throw easily accessible guns in to that mix? From my perspective, all it would take is a few bullets in a few wrong-coloured faces to shatter race relations in the UK.

We also know the accessibility of illegal firearms is closely followed by the growth of underclass gang culture; Just look at Belfast, Manchester, or indeed the capital, London. It isn't illegal guns that cause these young men descend in to a violent rage, or culture, or videogames, or whatever...The root cause the innate insecurity of young men, and the fact they can buy confidence through might, obliterating all socially mitigating factors that keep their arrogance in check. Given that membership of the precariat is super-popular right now due to a recent global recession then, at the very least, now might not be a good time to arm those who think Russel Brand is a philosopher.

But there I go addressing the problems of the nation, when none of this would happen in sleepy 'ol Devon...

4. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

- I live in the U.S.
    - I am experienced with using firearms. Many, in fact, but have never used full-auto guns.
    - I have debated concealed carry, but worry about escalation in what might otherwise be only a fight.
    - I also worry about going to jail, even if I was just defending myself, even if shots were never discharged.
    - I worry about being shot by the police (a theme in America).
    - I live in Philadelphia, and have been in a few scary situations. Like, really scary, and I'm the sort of person to just mind my own business. There are just some real psychos here.
    - Very stupidly, Philadelphia legislators like to try and ban non-lethal forms of self defense. Tasers are illegal. So is pepper spray. So I guess my only choice is to kill everyone who starts a fight with me? I guess that makes the inevitable investigation easy when I've killed all the witnesses . . .

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Putting words in my mouth- I never implied such a thing, nor am I dim enough ( unlike some... ) to imagine such a scenario ending well in real life.

Again, putting words in my mouth; I never said guns should be easily accessible or accessible to every one, legally; careful vetting is required as it already is. The types of firearms available is unnecessarily restricted however- our Olympic pistol shooters have to go abroad to train, which is absurd. What the hell kind of legal gun owner do you think would go around shooting up 'non-whites' as you imply? I question your mentality and attitude towards legal gun owners.

Those kind of people can already purchase illegal firearms ( as I already said ) with very little chance of being tracked down via record systems, unlike those who go through legal channels and have all their details easily accessible to the police and government. I won't even bother stating the financial cost of doing things legally, nor the reasoning for wanting a firearm ( hint: sporting, not for turning ones self into an armed thug ).

You're from Northern Ireland? You must be good at making car-bombs. #your logic

Friggin' arrogance and total lack of understanding a word I've written is beyond demotivating in this thread- it's like I write one thing, people chose to twist it around and try it turn it against me because they couldn't win a debate otherwise. Go back to school kids, learn to read...

6. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Demotes or shut the f*ck up.... the pair of you

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

So that's why he went to DS9....
    [​IMG]

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Lol poor O'Brien.

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

That is quite demotivating. Why are we making exceptions for people who have (in most cases) done that sort of thing to themselves. We all know obesity isn't healthy. This just doesn't make sense to me.

@Pieface Are you one of those people who puts your bag / feet on an empty seat when taking public transportation (even when it's busy)? If so, I'll make the generalization that you're a jerk!

12. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I need two seats. You know, for my "package" ;)

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Test dummies aren't obese. Just sayin.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Having seen that picture of you in a mankini, I can believe that. :p

16. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Everybody wants to abuse the system and I eventually just see people standing on a scale with all their belongings and either getting charged more or receiving a 'store credit' at the check-in counter. I personally go with the overhead bin sized suitcase and a dslr/laptop bag that goes at my feet; it saves money (with checked baggage fees cropping up everywhere) and means I get off the plane and walk straight out of the airport without waiting forever at the carousel. I've yet to be on a trip where I wasn't either in a bathing suit 60% of the time, or had some sort of access to (paid or in-unit) laundry services.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

[​IMG]

Pookeyhead likes this.
  19. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

[​IMG]

The £250,000 jackpot is hardly ever won. I wonder what their faces looked like when they found out they had to share it with 54 other people. I'd pay £4,545 if it would mean I'd never feel that kind of disappointment.

20. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

You'd be gutted seeing your results come in and then finding the split, but £4k in your pocket for picking numbers is better than a kick in the cock :)