1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows NT Unicode Missing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Panther57, 3 Jun 2009.

1. Panther57

Panther57 AMD Dragon Fan.

I reciently did a full restore and have noticed that in "Windows Update" there are No selections for Languages. Then I went to run SiSoftware Sandra had a failure running their advice program of no "NT Unicode" available. With reasearch I have learned that the NT Unicode is for Language Compatiability options. I don't think I did any settings to turn off the Unicode? (I have Vista Ultimate32) If not for the failure in Sandra or the missing option to select language add-ons from Microsoft Update I wouldn't even know because my PC is running fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for the help.

Since I posted this I found the answer and hope it will inform others as we move up to SP2. The fix is in a update due from Microsoft. See article at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd335038.aspx
    V. Ultimate Language Download Not Offering Languages after clean install of OS and direct install of SP2.

Last edited: 3 Jun 2009