1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia 11-series GPUs allegedly confirmed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IanW, 27 Mar 2018.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Well-Known Member

It seems to me, the only way to get decent priced hardware right now is to buy a full system from the like of scan and chilblast.

Separately purchased GPU prices are just too high, as is DDR 4, although they do seem better priced as part of systems. This is an issie for upgrades but also if you suffer part failure.

I have come to the conclusion I'm just going to wait until game performance becomes unenjoyable on my aged gen 2 core i5 2500k, DDR 3, gtx970 equiped system or it fails and then get a fully new system.
    Unless AMD can shake things up properly this year.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

AMD have already shaken things up, but RAM and GPU prices are ruining it. Have you looked for something like a 3770k and better GPU?

3. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

While that is correct 5G if properly implemented is vastly superior to the home broadband available in many countries (UK, Austria, Portugal are among the chief offenders).

Unfortunately only for CPUs (which aren't all that important to begin with when it comes to gaming), on the GPU side even if Vega was available at the MSRP quoted in reviews it would still be worthless due to the 1070 / 1070ti having a far better selection of custom designs available.

bawjaws likes this.
  4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's a 10 year investment. 5G will start off as Non-standalone, which means it'll piggyback on 4G. But within 3 years it'll be standalone with better encoding, better channel use, better edge performance etc. And even then the standard will be regularly updated like 4G->4G Advanced etc