1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia 3D Vision -- Unbranded glasses.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digitaldunc, 19 Jun 2012.

1. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'm not really sold on this 3D stuff, I bought this monitor (BenQ XL2410T) for the 120Hz refresh rate and it's pretty good, bar the extreme gamer nonsense.

However I am tempted to give it a go, and as I know there are a few 3D stalwarts on the forum, any of you have experience with the cheaper shutter glasses such as these I've seen around ebay?

Could potentially be cheap junk, but if they do the same job as the branded version it makes more sense to me -- I'm not really *that* interested as to pay the full price for the Nvidia kit.

2. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Either do it properly or not at all IMO. It's excellent in certain games and not so much in others. Definitely adds to the immersion. Also the first gen screens are pretty terrible for ghosting.

3. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I never knew there were cheap substitutes. I still have the old Elsa Revelators from the first time round back in CRT days. They were cheap but did the job.

I got the 3d vision 2 and I love it. Hate playing games in 2d now.

I like the functionality of the 3d vision 2 kit... a wheel on the back of the transmitter box lets you adjust the stereo depth in game. That is very very useful. Also a switch on the front to enable or disable.

They last weeks on a single charge.

Cant comment on the cheap ones cos I not tried.

What I can say is that 3d glasses really work for me and make a game immersive in a way you can't get from staring at a flat image on screen.