1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia confirms, then denies, incoming GTA V PC port

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Aug 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Active Member

There's a chance he was talking about a shield port (unlikely). I reckon Rockstar have no time scale so want to deny it totally (á la Valve)

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

History would dictate that a PC port before the end of the year is implausible too - so I'm inclined to believe the backtrack.

4. lacuna

lacuna Member

I had vice city on pc and it was very awkward to play in comparison to the ps2 version. I wouldnt bother again.

5. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Things have moved on a bit since then. A PC and an xbox controller is the way to play GTA IV and I imagine the newest title won't be any different.

6. Eiffie

Eiffie New Member

But didn't GTA IV on PC have terrible optimization issues?

7. CowBlazed

CowBlazed New Member

Not really, the game scaled much beyond what most systems could handle at the time and didn't have the best presets. These days people run gta 4 with high realism mods which can give the game almost a photo realistic look at times and are able to play fine.

8. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

Lol, saying something like this is a 'mistake' in the internet age is like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube.

9. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I suppose given that the next gen consoles are x86 based the PC port could be being developed in tandem with an early next gen console port.

10. runadumb

runadumb New Member

I tend to play games like this with a controller on my lap for vehicles and maybe general running around while using the K&M for when **** gets real. Any game that wasn't shat out by the publisher flips controls (with correct button prompts) on the fly.

Also I feel people tried to play GTA4 maxed out on their shitty computers and got annoyed when it didn't run well. I had a Q6600 and a 260GTX I think and I never had any of the performance problems I have heard about. Then again I didn't try and make my 512MB card run at settings that told you "THIS USES A GIG OF RAM"

11. fluxtatic

fluxtatic New Member

Word - back when I got VC on PC, after SA killed my PS2, I couldn't play it with a keyboard and mouse to save my life. I picked up a Logitech Dual Shock clone and it was fine. I would have preferred the same for GTA IV, but alas, it was not to be. So I dropped $40 on a 360 controller and got used to it.

It might just be me, but GTA must[/i[ be played with a controller - I think I'll know the PS-style layout for GTA until the day I die. Then again, I've played VC and SA more times than I can count...whereas I played GTA IV once and uninstalled it the next day.

Tentatively looking forward to V - I hope they take a bit of a lesson from the older games and make it fun again.