1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NVIDIA fixes Tomb Raider: Legend problems

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Apr 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Herr_SturmGeist

Herr_SturmGeist What's a Dremel?

Far better, now we only need a patch for ATI cards and a sequel to this great game.

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Go nVidia :)
    What a response! :)

4. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Wow! Within one night after Bit-Tech's complaint, they released a fix.

5. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

A quick word of thanks to everyone in Theale and Santa Clara for knuckling down and getting this resolved so quickly. Your dedication to improving the gaming experience for your customers across the board is something I'm sure many gamers are grateful for.

6. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Amen.

Nvidia are to be commended highly; this is the level of support that every company should aspire to.

7. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Well, there shouldn't have been any problem to start with, so a little sceptisism would be appropriate.

It's great that they got a fix out this fast and all, but it's still a bit late. But it's also worth noting that, to my recollection, nvidia hasn't had driver related problems like this before...most likely some but can't remember any big titles.

8. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

These acronyms are getting out of hand (TWIMTBP).

Good to see they're quick on the fix though, unlike some people *cough*EA*cough*.

9. Cirkustanz

Cirkustanz What's a Dremel?

I'm not to happy about the tomb raider legend situation.

Or any other PC game that requires a patch in the first............WEEK.

10. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

Actually it wasn't the game that _needed_ to be patched up to fix the hitching. Although there is a patch for TRL already - which adresses various performance, stability and controller related problems. The issue discussed in the TRL review - and what the news this thread relates to - is / was driver related, so there goes the "required" patching.

I do agree with you that the games should be tested enough to ensure that there's no need to fix it right away, but the thing is that with so many different hardware combinations out there, I'd imagine it'd be next to impossible to make a new release 100% bug free...

I think I would draw the line in between games that are playable (meaning that you're able to "complete" them) without patching and games that need a patch to be playable.

TRL isn't exactly that much different from many other games, it's just that it's THE most popular brand and perhaps because of that it's even more likely that there are some setups out there that will have problems with it.

Happy Easter to this thread (too)!

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Blimey, what an improvement. Just a driver update means I can play with all on at native res.

Tags: Add Tags