1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia G-Sync unveiled as stunning new monitor syncing tech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Oct 2013.

1. Taniniver

Taniniver New Member

Looks good, my only concern is what monitors will integrate it. I can forsee it only being put into "gamer" branded monitors, with crappy TN panels. I'm not going to downgrade from a quality IPS to TN for the sake of this technology.

2. Alecto

Alecto Member

Nowadays interfaces are still stuck with the paradigm of of screen refresh stemming from how CRT monitors functioned. There is absolutely no reason why panel control should be implemenetd this way other than backwards compatibility. The rest are just downsides: higher power consumption, higher latency, visual artifacts (a result of crappy GPUs but would not be visible if GPU was to control the panel directly), inability to sync to any framerate (bandwidth permitting) etc.

I'm amazed that nobody in the industry has thought of this before (apart from mobile gadget makers who are going for self-refreshing displays, which is fundamentally the same as this NVidia's "invention").

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not going to be cheap

http://rog.asus.com/267372013/gaming/nvidia-announces-g-sync-for-monitors/

Tags: Add Tags