1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Mar 2012.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

And dual GPU..

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

And ridiculously driver dependant...

I wish I had more money. I'll be all over the 670's when they launch, if not; the 660's. I'd love a single card that could beat the brunt of both my 550s. Plus those chips will need next to no power if they're as slim as I'm thinking.

3. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

A confession - I went to Anandtech to read my first GTX-680 review as I thought Bit-tech's would skip over the technical details, like it did with the 7970 review.

Coming back to to Bit-tech I was pleasantly surprised at the 15 page review waiting for me, which went into all the technical details, and is every bit as good as Anandtech's while improving on it on a few areas (with mention of TXAA and adaptive Vsync).

So, here's to excellent, in-depth, 15 page reviews on Bit-tech again - it feels just like old times.

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes, a full, in-depth, old-time Bit tech article.
    Thx! :thumb:

I do hope for a "670" version sometimes...aka for this what the 570 is for the 580.
    Upper mid-range :D

5. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Sure its been asked before, but when doing the benchmarks why do you use 2,560 x 1,600 which is on used on a few high end 30" where the 2560 x 1440 is more common on the 27" which people seem to be moving to?

Card looks good but will wait to see what the rest of the range comes out like.

Kimbie

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

If you know how a card performs at 2560x1600, then you don't need to know how it performs at 2560x1440. ;)

Also I would argue that 30" displays are still more common than 27" 16:9 displays because they have been around for a lot longer.

7. urobulos

urobulos Minimodder

A bit off topic maybe, but seeing the power consumption figures on the highest end card I can't wait to see how performance and power consumption will scale down. Would be pretty amazing if we can get GTX560 (non Ti) levels of performance on a card running only on PCI slot power. For many people high end PC gaming puts too many obstacles, as in need the right case, right PSU. If we can finally see a card with good gaming potential that can be popped into a Dell or some other piece of crap and just work, then it can only expand the market. The more people out there with half decent hardware, the bigger the market for PC optimized games which should in the end benefit even guys running overclocked, watercooled triple 680 SLI.

Also, the review was awesome work. Often I skip through most reviews, look at introduction, benchmarks and conclusion, but this was well worth a full read.

8. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

So AMD fail again. Oh dear....

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:jawdrop: Want one. :D But doubt I'll be bothering thinking of my next GPU until I complete my project.

10. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

Everyone seems to be missing the point of the article.

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE!!!! :clap::rock::clap::rock::D

On a side note, if anyone would like to buy me a 680 to play said game then I wont say no. As the wife approval rating of a 680 sadly won't be very high.

urobulos likes this.
  11. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

I wonder how this card will perform with 3 or 4GBs and a 384-bit memory interface. I guess we will see with the rumored GTX685 if it is real.

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

:eyebrow:

I know nvidia are renowned for their fcuked-up nomenclature, but I can't see them overhauling the memory bus on a minor model refresh, unless the bus on the 680 is intentionally crippled - also very unlikely. ;)

13. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

And so you should be, it's stuff like this that brings me to Bit-Tech, so thank you!

If now you can get the podcast going again I'll be such a happy man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urobulos likes this.
  14. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

not true, Nvidia was originally supposed to use GK110 for the GTX680, but decided against it as it wasnt ready yet. I could see Nvidia deciding to throw a huge middle-finger at AMD by releasing it with the GTX685 and 690 just so they can say "Whose performance leader?" GK110 is supposed to be apart of Keplar so I do not see them holding it back for the Keplar 2 refresh of the GTX7xx series.

15. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Thought you were broke ;)

16. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Argh PC gaming hurts my wallet.

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

It's been the only reason I've stuck red for a while but this one looks good. A touch out of my price range at the moment though. What I have works fine for now but I'll be looking at both camps now.

Sweetest review I've seen here for a while, let's hope they stay that way :)

18. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Lol

+1

19. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

not funny imo

20. Somer_Himpson

Somer_Himpson What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags