1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia GTX Titan Black launched, set to be new performance king

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 18 Feb 2014.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It's a simple, no fuss release designed to make the current product stack make a bit more sense - if you're going to have an £800 card in your range it had better at least be faster than the one below it. It's now the best consumer (if you can still call £800 consumer level) card for gaming AND compute.

When Titan came out, Nvidia made a massive deal of it and e-peen swinging was in full.. swing.. - "look what our Kepler architecture can *really* do!" etc. But now, it hasn't even bothered with sampling it. At the press event for GTX 750 Ti it almost forgot to mention Titan Black's existence at all. We're taking a look at it simply because we're enthusiasts and if a new fastest card comes out we damn well want to see what it can do. But I could practically write the review without even seeing it. Nvidia is well aware that it's not a card for most enthusiasts - it's something like only half of Titan's bought were ever used for gaming. It's also certainly not a card to get if you already have a Titan or three. It simply realigns the product stack.

2. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

How much of an "enthusiast" does one have to be to buy £800 cards ! My whole system cost that amount.. :/

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

The rich, and occasionally stoned/drunk/stupid enthusiast. Or one who wants to game at 4k with 3 monitors...Which i wouldn't doubt this being capable of whilst in sli with a few of it's brethren...

Nonetheless, when I saw this...
    [​IMG]

And simultaneously, on the impulsive, NEED MOAR POWER side of my brain, it went
    [​IMG]

Seriously, I can't help if nVidia will ever tire of this endless core rehashing...:eyebrow: It's not like they can do much more for their high-end cards 'till 28nm. Other than crank up the amount of ram, which is beyond pointless and stupid. They can only release lower end cards and let Asus, msi etc tinker until 28nm finally is ready.

Tags: Add Tags