1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia launches Pick Your Path game bundle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 5 Nov 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So if i buy a top end graphics card i get to play a game at 30FPS, the same 30FPS that i get on a console with much lower spec hardware, and price (for the whole PC)

I know one is made by Nvidia and the other by AMD, but are the differences in hardware and graphics so massive that buying a card that cost almost the same as a console mean it's wasted money.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

If you cared enough about costs would you be in the PC gaming scene anyway? I know I would not be theres not enough exclusive titles to warrant the investment required to play them these days.

Oculus Rift is Cheaper than the hardware required to run a game using it. Once the Consumer version goes live those requirements will double. Its target is what 75-90fps at the 2560 resolution good luck with that in a modern game with high settings on a single gpu. ( OR does not really work with sli or cfx yet)

Or are you more concerned about the 30fps lock which is not the first pc game to be locked at 30fps. The Crew has similar lock from what I noticed in the beta. As have the last 3 need for speed games.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm concerned that spending more money doesn't get you anything better, normally that's the way things work.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I suspect that if the framerate runs at exactly 30fps, with perfectly even frame-times, then the experience will be fine for all but the most mutant of gamers. You know, the ones who have evolved beyond normal optical function owing to years of playing Quake and CS on absurdly overpowered hardware.

6. SimoomiZ

SimoomiZ What's a Dremel?

Gameworks :(

Last edited: 5 Nov 2014